Dr. Darshan Patil
Dr. Darshan Patil is a Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Aster CMI Hospital and Aster RV hospital, Bangalore. He is a highly qualified and experienced cancer surgeon in Bangalore, offering best-in-class cancer care. Having a few years of experience, he has gained huge knowledge and is adept at performing cancer surgeries.
Dr. Darshan completed his basic medical training in 2008 from JJM Medical College in Davangere, which is one of the most esteemed the oldest private medical college in the state. Later in 2010, he went on to complete his MS in General Surgery from the same institute. He underwent extensive training in the Dept of Surgical Oncology in the esteemed comprehensive cancer care set up under the able guidance of some of the stalwarts of surgical oncology in Bengaluru. He even did a short fellowship in minimally invasive surgeries from VG hospital, Coimbatore. He has also worked in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore as a surgical faculty training the budding surgeons.
Later he secured 3rd rank in All India Super-Speciality Entrance Exam for Surgical Oncology 2016 and completed his MCh in Surgical Oncology from prestigious Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru in 2019.
He joined on board the Surgical team at Aster CMI hospital, Bangalore in September 2019 bringing with him years of surgical finesse and academic expertise in breast oncology, thoracic surgeries, GI Oncology, colorectal surgery, pancreatic-biliary diseases, and soft tissue malignancies. He has now taken the responsibility for the Department of surgical oncology in Aster RV hospital, J P Nagar, Bengaluru, along with his senior colleague.
- Head and neck malignancies.
- Thoracic malignancies.
- Breast oncology.
- Upper GI malignancies.
- Pancreaticobiliary malignancies
- Colorectal cancer surgeries
- Urinary tract malignancies
- Soft tissue malignancies
- Life member of The Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncologists
- Bangalore Oncology Group
- Life member of Karnataka Cancer Society
- Life member of Indian Thyroid Society
- PUBLICATIONS :
1. Iodophilic Synchronous Phalangeal and Choroidal Metastasis from Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma: A Case Report and Review. European Thyroid Journal 2014
2. Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of Trachea masquerading as papillary thyroid cancer – a case report: Case Reports in Clinical Pathology, 2014, Vol 1, No 2
3. Anti – NMDAR limbic encephalitis – a clinical curiosity: World Journal Of Surgical Oncology 2014, 12:256
4. Isolated Nasopharyngeal Metastasis from hepatocellular carcinoma: International Journal of Surgery Case Reports 2014:115-117
5. Metachronous Synchronous Sternal and Colonic Metastasis with Asymptomatic Colo-Colic Fistula from Carcinoma Ovary: International Journal of Clinical & Medical Imaging. June 2014; Volume 1. Issue 6. 1000235
- Oral Paper presentation in ASICON 2013, Ahmedabad
- Participated in KSC-ASICON 2012, Hubli
- Participated in a surgical academic workshop held in September 2012, Manipal
- Participated in KSC-ASICON 2015, Mysore
- Poster presentation in KSC-ASICON 2015, Mysore
- Poster Presentation in Surgical Society of Bangalore
- Oral Presentation in Surgical Society of Bangalore
- Oral Presentation in Indian Cancer Congress in Bengaluru in Nov 2017
- Poster presentation in NATCON IASO held in Trivandrum in Sept 2018
- Poster presentation in Thyroid conference by ATA / ITS held in Bengaluru in May 2019