Dr. Sujith Ovallath
Dr. Sujith Ovallath, an eminent Neurologist with Post-Doctoral training in Movement Disorders has more than 15 years of experience as a Neurologist. He did specialized training in Parkinson’s disease and Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) at the University of British Columbia, Canada. His areas of interest include Parkinson’s Disease, DBS, Botulinium Toxin Therapy, treatment of other movement disorders including tremor, dystonia, tics, ataxia, and chorea.
He completed his MBBS in 1993 from Govt. Medical College, Calicut with Gold Medal in Medicine, following which he did his post-graduation in MD, General Medicine, DNB in Neurology and DM in Neurology from the same institution.
He started the DBS Programme at the best neurology hospital in Calicut - Aster MIMS Calicut in 2018.
He has written 3 text books, several book chapters, and has several national and international publications to his credit.
He has been an invited speaker for National Movement Disorder Society for the last several years and international Parkinson’s and Movement Disorder Society meet.
He is the Founding member of the Movement Disorders Society of India, Editorial Board member of Annals of Movement Disorders journal and is currently serving as the Bylaw committee member of International Parkinson’s and Movement Disorder Society.
He has been a mentor for students of University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Parkinson's Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Professor & Head of Neurology and Director, James Parkinson’s Movement Disorder Centre. Kannur Medical College.
- Published 26 articles in international peer reviewed journals
- Guide to students of University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Research collaboration with University of British Columbia, Canada, University of Orebro and University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Editor-in-chief of International Journal of Modern Medicine One of the founding members of the Movement Disorder Society in India.