Dr. Vidyashankar P
Dr. Vidyashankar P. is the Lead Consultant Nephrologist. Underwent Nephrology training from prestigious Seth GS Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai under the renowned nephrologists, Dr. Alan F Almeida and Dr. N.K Hase. He is a Baxter Scienticia Scholar in CAPD University of Bejing. He excels in Percutaneous CAPD catheter insertion and Perm catheter insertion.
Dr. Vidyashankar’s expertise is in Critical care Nephrology, Transplantation, CAPD and Pediatric Nephrology. He is an active Member of Indian Society of Nephrology, Member of International Society of Nephrology and also a Member of European Dialysis and Transplantation Association. Having an appreciable number of publications and paper presentations nationally and internationally. Dr. Vidyashankar was involved in numerous research programs such as, Validity of Iron studies in the diagnosis of iron deficiency in the presence of inflammation of hemodialysis and pre-dialysis patients, Efficacy and safety of Lanthanum carbonate in the management of hyperphosphatemia of chronic kidney disease, Factors determining the inflammatory state in hemodialysis patients: a cross sectional study
- Critical care nephrology
- CAPD and Pediatric nephrology
- CAPD catheter insertion
- Perm catheter insertion
- Secured third position in the MBBS final examination conducted by the Gulbarga University, Karnataka.
- Winner of Indian Academy of Paediatric quiz at Zonal level held by Indian academy of Paediatricians.
- Won a first prize in National Neonatology Forum quiz at Zonal level. CAPD.
- Ranked 1st in DM Entrance examination conducted by Directorate of Medical Education, Maharashtra
- Presented with the first prize in Nephropathology quiz at the Renal pathology national workshop held in Mumbai
- Khurdeshji Bhurjis Best research paper in ISN west zone for –Determinants of inflammation in hemodialysis patients.
- High DSA and anti HLA antibody patients
- Karnataka Medical Council
- International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- European society of dialysis and transplantation
- Number of publications and paper presentations nationally and internationally