Want to find out more about Aster Hospitals - India? The answer to all your questions can be found below.
What is the process of booking appointments?
Our International Patient Coordinator will liaise between you and the hospital. He will arrange your appointments as well as coordinate for various services like the outpatient clinic, laboratory, and pathology, medical imaging, and in-patient surgical procedures, etc.
What are the facilities for international patients?
- Airport pickup & drop facilities
- A local sim card will be provided to you upon your arrival
- VISA / FRRO assistance
- Language interpreters
- Foreign Exchange conversion at the hospital
- In-room colour television & cable connection
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary stay in your room for one attendant
- On-demand special arrangements can be made to fulfil specific religious or dietary needs
- Regular updates for your referring doctors & family
How to get a medical opinion, so accordingly I can plan my visit?
You can share your medical case history / current clinical reports / scans & details of previous treatment with us. Our team of expert doctors will evaluate and provide the cost and treatment plan before your arrival.
What are the modes of payment acceptable at Aster?
- At the time of admission, payment can be made through cash/credit cards.
- Authorised Foreign currency exchange counter is available in-house
- The payments can also be transferred directly to the Hospital’s account through wire transfer before the arrival or through traveller’s cheque. On discharge, any excess amount will be refunded to you and any shortfall will have to be paid in cash.
Do you provide accommodation & meal to the patient's attendant?
Yes, the attendant can stay with the patient in the room (except ICU stay). We also provide complimentary meals to the attendant.
Can I get an estimate for my treatment?
You can get an estimate for our International Patient Coordinator.
The patient coordinator will help you with financial details before, during and after the visit. Services offered usually include providing deposit and payment information, estimates and price updates for medical services, and communication with medical insurance companies or third parties on behalf of a patient.
What kind of documents should I bring to my appointment?
- A list of your current medications, and the dosage for each. You can also bring vials or containers with you to your first appointment.
- If requested, any medical information and radiology images (including written radiology reports) that your local doctor has given you.
- Any forms you have been asked to provide.
- Name, address and phone number of the referring physician if applicable.
- Information about your medical insurance, if you have private insurance.
- Passport size photograph of patient and attendants
Do you provide medical visa support?
Yes, we do provide visa assistance letter after receiving the passport details of the patient and attendant(s), date of travel to enable in obtaining the medical visa.
Note - If you are travelling on a medical visa, you are required to register at the Foreigners Regional Registration Office within 14 days of your arrival. Your patient coordinator will help you with all these formalities
• Patients from Pakistan & Bangladesh are required to register with the nearest Police Station or Police Commissioner's office within 24 hours of arrival Refer to your Visa/Transit document,
Do you assist with airport transfers to international patients?
Yes, we provide complimentary pick / drop from / to airport to international patients. We organise the pickup on receiving the patient's travel details.
Do you help with booking the accommodation?
We have a tie-up with hotels / guest houses / service apartments in the vicinity of the hospital for our international patients. We share the list of the same in advance with our patients. They can do the booking directly or let us know to do the same on their behalf.