In a short period of time Aster MIMS Kottakkal has performed more than 1500 successful PELD Procedures. Around 42.4% young individuals in India are affected by severe back pain and many of them require surgeries. The present surgeries involve cutting of tissues including back bone which causes severe pain, longer hospital stay and rest. Percutaneous endoscopic lumbar discectomy (PELD) is introduced as a minimal invasive spinal technique for lumbar disc herniation.
Benefits of PELD
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Small scar
- Minimal blood loss
- No general anesthesia, under local anesthesia
- Faster recovery and rehabilitation
- Reduced hospital stay and return to work, and lesser risk of spinal instability
- An effective alternative to open discectomy
- Selective endoscopic removal of an epidurally extruded disc fragment
- Initial landing is close to the target as possible
- Complete herniotomy after thorough release of annular anchorage
- The definitive end point of the procedure is free mobilization of neural tissues, not direct exposure of neural tissues
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
At Aster Hospitals we provide the highest quality of care and a transformative experience for all your healthcare needs. With our network of multi-speciality hospitals, specialised doctors, and world-class technology, we bring global standards of medical care to our patients.
What is the success rate of PELD Procedure?
Who can undergo this procedure?
As it is performed under Local anaesthesia any age group or a person with other health issues can also under go this procedure.
How long is the hospital stay?
As it is a day care procedure it usually takes 1 day
How long is the recovery period?
As it is a day care procedure, the next day itself you can return back to your daily routine except doing hard labour and lifting weight and activities includes bending.
Can suggest a rest period of 3 to 4 weeks for the healing process
What is the risk rate for this procedure?
Comparing to other spine surgeries such as (open surgery or Minimal inversive surgery) the risk rate for PELD procedure is very low.
How long is the surgery time?
Our patients are our best advocates, hear the inspiring stories of their treatment journey