- First centre to perform TAVI in North Kerala in 2017. Established dedicated TAVI program in collaboration with University Hospital, Copenhagen and currently has performed maximum number of TAVI cases in Kerala.
- First and Largest complete Interventional cardiac care centre in North Kerala with experience of more than 35,000 cardiac catheterization till date
- Offers basic and advanced coronary interventions including CTO angioplasty, rotablation and OCT, intravascular ultrasound and FFR- guided procedures
- Specialized centre performing largest number of TAVI, structural interventions including ASD, VSD and PDA device closure, valvuloplasty including BAV, BPV, BMV, BTV, Balloon pericardiostomy.
- Dedicated aortic and peripheral interventional centre including complex EVAR, TEVAR, Fenestrated EVAR, peripheral, carotid, renal and mesenteric angioplasty & stenting. Critical limb ischemia care, venous interventions including dialysis access intervention.
- Offers advanced paediatric, fetal and neonatal cardiac services including neonatal and paediatric echocardiography
- Offers dedicated fetal cardiac program which include fetal echocardiogram, counseling and further management. This also includes management of fetal cardiac arrhythmias and intrauterine transfer and peri-natal care of fetal CHD in required patients, in coordination with concerned departments.
- Offers interventional paediatric cardiac services including ASD, VSD, PDA device closures, and interventions for complex congenital heart diseases
- Paediatric cardiac surgery
- Advanced paediatric and neonatal cardiac surgical and anesthetic services, with dedicated ICU, offering full range of surgeries for simple and complex congenital heart disease
- Only centre having dedicated paediatric and congenital heart surgery facility in Malabar with facility to cater to neonate, infants and paediatric patients
- Operating patients with complex congenital heart disease in all age groups from across India and abroad- from Africa including Somalia and Nigeria
- Tie-up with Milaap, MIMS trust, Aster DM foundation and ISM heart care fund to provide affordable treatment. A tie up with EKAM foundation is in pipeline.
- Enrolled with Hridyam, a Kerala Government initiative for helping children born with congenital heart disease. The team has completed 150 heart surgeries under Hridyam since October, 2018.
- Offers routine electrophysiological studies with radiofrequency ablation of supraventricular and ventricular tachycardia using 3 D Mapping technology.
- Offers pacemaker implantation, automated implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (AICD) implantation and Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
Diagnose and measure the ability of the heart to withstand external stress conditions. People often encounter conditions where their heart responds abnormally while working out or climbing stairs. This can create severe complications if ignored. A person might feel strong palpation, increased heartbeat and chest pains. Aster’s Rest & Exercise Stress ECG aims to diagnose all such conditions when the heart may respond abnormally. The expert doctors measure the ability of the heart to respond to external stress. Aster’s infrastructure supports many labs and high-tech machines, it’s experienced team and the Cardiology Department perform these tests in well-controlled conditions.
To find the cause of fainting spells by taking different tests. Young adults or even children may face vasovagal attacks due to a sudden drop in blood pressure. This reduces the circulation of blood and causes unconsciousness and sudden fainting of the person. Aster’s Head Up-Tilt Test aims at testing your body in various angles to understand the cause of fainting spells. The expert doctors record the heart rate and blood pressure while performing the test. Aster’s strong infrastructure, it’s seasoned team, and the Cardiology Department monitor the patient's heart’s response, oxygen levels and blood pressure in the electrophysiology lab.
It tracks heart rhythm to check and confirm any heart-related problems. Patients with an irregular heartbeat could be suffering from arrhythmia. Under this condition, the patient may experience rapid heartbeat or the heart may become slower-paced. It is a symptom that indicates that the electrical signal coordinating the heartbeat is not working. Arrhythmia is potentially fatal and causes severe complications. A cardiologist will recommend you to undergo an electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG), a common test to diagnose arrhythmia. Holter monitoring is a gift of medical technology that records your uneven heartbeat for 24 to 48 hours continuously. The device is a blessing for patients with a pacemaker as it enables the doctor to study the heart’s activity throughout the day. The cardiology department of the Aster Hospital is ahead of its time. It is equipped with the latest Holter monitor for a thorough examination of the heart and provides an accurate report for proper treatment.
This is a non-invasive imaging test to check the blood flow to the heart muscle and recognize poor areas of blood flow. If a person often experiences chest pain for an extended period or is suspected of coronary artery disease (CAD), he/she needs medical attention from qualified cardiologists. The doctors may recommend a stress myocardial perfusion scan to assess the blood flow, heart muscle damage, etc. Patients who have sustained a heart attack or undergone bypass surgery, angioplasty, or stent placement also need to be examined with the help of myocardial perfusion imaging studies. It is a non-invasive imaging test that assesses the blood flow through the heart muscles and determines if the heart muscle is pumping normally. Aster Hospital’s cardiology department has an exemplary infrastructure with myocardial perfusion imaging studies to detect weak heart muscles and poor blood flow.
This test is performed to visualize and check the performance of aorta, heart and other blood vessels. Patients who suffer from malfunctioning of heart valves or chambers and the heart’s inability to pump blood could be diagnosed with congenital heart valve disease. It involves pulmonary or aortic valves that do not perform properly. Such conditions arise when the valves’ shape and size become irregular, or the flap tissue is insufficient to allow proper blood flow. Patients' conditions may deteriorate if they do not allow timely medical intervention. They need a cardiologist who will prescribe transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, which will determine the patient's heart condition. The cardiology department of Aster Hospital is furnished with highly developed medical equipment that examines the patient’s condition accurately for correct treatment. Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography prevent heart failure and death.
Our patients are our best advocates, hear the inspiring stories of their treatment journey