Helping in accurate diagnosis!
The Institute of Radiology and Imaging Sciences department in MIMS is one of the most state-of-the-art facilities in the entire country and is integrated with advanced technologies that are at par with the West. Imaging is the technique through which radiologists examine our internal organs without making any incisions. This is a kind of visual inspection that would help the radiologists make an accurate diagnosis. Through imaging, doctors and surgeons would be able to chart a treatment pattern and chart every course of surgery.
The department of Radiology offers a full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including X-ray, conventional contrast procedures, ultrasound, CT, MRI and interventional radiology. All the patients are treated safely and efficiently so that they get cutting edge radiology service which is one of the best in the whole country. The department provides a rich array of services ranging from vascular, abdominal, neurologic, cardiac, head and neck, musculoskeletal, paediatric (antenatal sonography, paediatric and neonatal sonography, neuro sonography) and women’s imaging (mammo sonography). The department is integrated with the finest equipment to do minimally invasive procedures under sonographic guidance, for example, biopsy of mediastinal and retro-peritoneal lymph nodes, lungs, liver, kidneys, breast and musculoskeletal lesions. The radiology services are provided by veteran radiologists whose knowledge and experience remains the best.
Our interventional radiologists use minimally invasive, image-guided techniques for the treatment of diseases with unprecedented precision in nearly every organ systems by harnessing the power of advanced imaging which has come up as an effective alternative to various surgeries. Advantages include pinhole surgical technique with least disfigurement or scar, minimal risk and side effects, shorter duration of procedures with minimal or no blood loss, very short hospital stay and early return to normal activity. It usually avoids the use of general anaesthesia and is the best-chosen option for patients with end-stage disease, inoperable diseases, old age group and those unfit for open or laparoscopic surgery
The radiology and imaging department has the most advanced systems aiming to reduce carbon footprint, reduce undesired side effects and provide safety. Thanks to the latest innovative radiofrequency technology, our patients do not have to go through any discomfort or difficulty during scanning or imaging.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
- Body imaging including chest & abdomen
- Extremity imaging
- Joint imaging
- Skull, spine, PNS and facial bones
- Contrast radiograph including GI & GU studies.
- Obstetric & Fetal imaging with Doppler
- Abdominal and pelvic imaging
- Musculoskeletal imaging
- High-resolution soft tissue imaging
- Imaging of neck, breast, and scrotum.
- Paediatric imaging including neurosonogram
- Trans-rectal ultrasound imaging
- Extremity arterial and venous Doppler including varicose vein and AV fistula.
- Renal, carotid, hepatoportal, and penile Doppler
- Image-guided interventions including FNAC / Biopsy, fluid aspiration and pigtail drainage.
- Emergency trauma imaging
- Head and neck imaging included PNS, orbit & maxillofacial imaging.
- Body imaging including contrast-enhanced studies of thorax & abdomen.
- Extremity imaging.
- Spine imaging
- Cardiac CT, coronary angiogram, and calcium scoring.
- High-resolution CT Scans including thorax and temporal bone
- Dedicated liver, pancreas, adrenal and renal imaging
- CT cisternography, enterography, urography, and cystography.
- Angiograms including aortogram, renal, abdominal, pulmonary, cerebral/ neck vessels, and peripheral angiogram.
- CT venography.
- Guided procedures including biopsy, aspiration and pigtail drainage.
- Neuroimaging including Brain & spine
- Head and neck imaging including neck, orbits, TM joints, sinuses, oral cavity, tongue and face
- Abdominal imaging including pelvis, liver, pancreas, kidneys adrenal, bowel, MRCP and MR urography.
- High-risk imaging including chest wall, breast, placenta and fistulogram.
- Musculoskeletal imaging including shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot.
- Angiography including brain, neck, abdomen & extremities.
- MR Venography.
- US/CT guided FNAC/Biopsy
- Abscess drainages and fluid aspiration with pigtail drainage
- Angiography and venography
- Embolization for PPH, GI bleeders and trauma bleeders
- Embolization in AVM and vascular malformations.
- Thrombolysis – arterial and venous
- Angioplasty and stenting
- Trans-arterial chemotherapy
- Percutaneous biliary procedures including PTBD, Chloecystostomy
- Radiofrequency/ Microwave ablation– liver, lung, renal, bone
- Endovascular aneurysm repair
- Tracheal and esophageal stenting.
- Gastro-intestinal intervention includes TACE, TARE, TIPSS, BRTO, Trans-jugular liver biopsy etc.
- Genito- Urinary interventions include embolization for uterine fibroids, Uterine AVM, benign prostatic hyperplasia, varicocoele, pelvic congestion etc
- Insertion of PICC lines and chemoports.