The department of General Surgery at Aster MIMS Kannur Hospital offers advanced surgical care and support for patients with acute illness or injury, based on a multi-disciplinary approach. The team here, comprising highly experienced Surgeons, trained nurses and ancillary staff, is capable of handling even the most complicated cases – be it an emergency or planned admission - with unparalleled expertise and provides evidence-based medical care, with strict adherence to international treatment protocols.
With the best operating suites in the world and state-of-the-art technical support, it is one of the finest facilities of its kind in the region, offering Outpatient, Inpatient and 24/7 Emergency Care.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
We provide comprehensive care of the surgical neonate, infant and child. From the day of birth to the age of 13 years, all surgical conditions in the child are managed in this department.
This includes congenital disorders (birth disorders), infective, traumatic and neoplastic conditions, which need surgery such as, anomalies of the ano-rectum, kidney, ureter and bladder, hypospadias, anomalies of the gastro intestinal system, etc.
In addition to surgical treatment, the department also run an antenatal counselling clinic where pregnant mothers with abnormalities of the foetus detected before delivery are seen, investigated and counselled about their baby, its overall prognosis, management etc.
Scope of services:
- Neonatal surgery – Antenatal counselling for Paediatric surgical problems and post-natal follow up and surgery for even high-risk neonates
- Paediatric laparoscopic surgery- Appendicectomy, Orchidopexy etc
- Paediatric general surgery- Herniotomy, Circumcision, Excision of swelling etc
- Paediatric urological surgery starting from neonatal urological interventions to childhood urological surgery
- Bronchoscopy for foreign body retrieval as well as diagnostic bronchoscopy
- VATS for empyema and decortication
- Diagnosis and management of intersex abnormalities
- Urethroplasty for hypospadias
- Paediatric trauma management
- Surgical management of all
- Paediatric surgical emergencies as torsion tester, a/c appendicitis, peritonitis etc.
- Non-surgical management of intussusception (hydrostatic reduction)
- Management of Paediatric tumors