These are disorders arising due to failure of the body to use the food molecules such as carbohydrates, proteins and fat to generate energy or for building cells in the body. These disorders can present in various ways, failure of the baby to adapt immediately after birth, seizure, developmental delay, visual problems, or recurrent miscarriages / deaths.
Aster CMI hospital has a well equipped children’s ICU team with trained staff who can suspect, investigate, diagnose and treat these conditions. We have experts in various fields who work together to help children and their families to reach a diagnosis and guide management.
Aster CMI hospital has tied up with laboratories, which holds international quality accreditations (CDC, ERNDIM) demonstrating our commitment to excellence The clinical teams looking after these children in Emergency Room, Neonatal Unit and Paediatric ICU are well versed with the intricacies of IEM. We are able to:
- Manage Acute Metabolic Emergencies
- Process Critical Samples early to diagnose and start specific treatment
- Ongoing care in ICU including metabolic corrections, Multi-Organ support including Peritoneal and Haemodialysis for removing the metabolic toxins.
- Finding a definite diagnosis
- Specific Pharmacological treatment
- Special Diets
- Genetic Investigation and Counselling
- Foetal Medicine services for monitoring and investigating unborn foetus
- Bone Marrow and Liver Transplants for specific metabolic conditions.
- At Aster CMI – We would be one of the few centres in the country addressing this complex childhood illness in a comprehensive way.