Aster Spine Care, a disease-specific centre for spinal diseases and conditions. This one-of-its-kind centre was born out of the idea of combining the best spinal surgeons of Neurosciences and Orthopedics to provide comprehensive spine care services to the public, both surgical and non-surgical.
Our expert team of doctors treats spinal conditions such as degenerative spine disorders, tumors, scoliosis and complex adult deformities, congenital and paediatric spinal disorders, spinal trauma (including spinal cord injuries), and craniovertebral junction anomalies with high precision procedures, outcome-oriented treatments and many more.
We follow a multidisciplinary approach to offer a personalised, holistic diagnosis and evidence-based treatment. Apart from nationally and internationally trained Neurosurgeons and Orthopedics in Spine Surgery, experts from various departments such as Interventional Neuroradiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, Critical Care, and Neuro-Anesthesiology collaborate under one roof to ensure the best possible medical outcomes for patients.
Our vision is to provide the most accurate diagnosis and a result-driven treatment plan for the patient’s quick recovery. For that, we employ advanced high-precision surgical techniques such as minimally invasive endoscopic surgery, spinal reconstruction procedures, vertebral augmentation, and artificial disc replacement surgeries.
The centre is backed by state-of-the-art technology and edge cutting facilities such as advanced navigation system, intro operative Neuromonitoring System, Stealth Station Neuro-Navigation, 3D- C Arm, Intro Operative MRI, Leica Microscopes and Allen Spine System Table.
Aster spine care team is a multidisciplinary approach to offer a personalised, holistic diagnosis and evidence-based treatment.
The Aster Spine Care Team comprises of:
- Neuro Spine Surgeon
- Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
- Interventional Neuroradiologist
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Expert
- Pain Medicine Physician
Minimally Invasive and motion preservation spine surgery
- Transforaminal and interlaminar endoscopic discectomy (PELD)
- Tube assisted discectomy
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Artificial disc replacement surgery (cervical and lumbar arthroplasty)
- Posterior cervical laminoforaminotomy
- Minimally invasive decompression for lumbar canal stenosis
- MIS - TLIF
- MIS - OLIF
- Vertebroplasty, balloon kyphoplasty
- Minimally invasive spine surgery for spinal tumors
Pediatric spine disorders and scoliosis
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis
- Early onset scoliosis
- Infantile idiopathic scoliosis
- Congenital and neuromuscular scoliosis
- Tethered cord syndrome
- Spina bifida
- Split cord malformations
- Arnold chiari malformations
- Craniovertebral junction anomalies
Adult Degenerative spinal disorders/Back and neck pain
- Adult degenerative scoliosis
- Iatrogenic scoliosis
- Flatback syndrome
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar degenerative diseases
- Correction of complex spinal deformities
- Vertebrectomies and osteotomies
Spinal Trauma and rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic listhesis and fractures
- Disc herniations
- Craniovertebral junction malalignment
Spinal tumors - minimally and open surgery
- Bony tumors – benign and malignant
- Intradural tumors- schwannoma, meningioma
- Spinal cord tumors- astrocytoma, ependymoma
- Spinal metastases
- Advanced navigation system
- Intra-operative Neuromonitoring System
- Stealth Station Neuro-Navigation
- 3D- C Arm
- Intra Operative MRI
- Leica Microscopes
- Allen Spine System Table
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
We combine our expertise in the areas of patient-care, clinical research and academics in order to provide the highest level of specialised services to our patients. The Aster spine center was conceived as part of the overall scope of neurosurgery and was incorporated into our original vision document. As part of the transformation into a global COE a dedicated aster spine center was proposed. This would be a multispeciality service including neurosurgical and orthopaedic spine surgeons covering the entire gamut of spine pathology, both elective and emergency. The primary spine service would be supported by a very active physical medicine and rehabilitation service, and other departments like neurology, endocrinology, radiology and oncology. It might be possible to include an element of holistic care into the spine center by association with indigenous systems of medicine like Ayurveda.
- OR1 Fusion Digital Integrated Green OT certified surgical Suites
- IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anaesthesia (ICCA) ICUs
- Level 3 PICU
- 3.0 Tesla Widebore MRI
- 256 Slice Philips iCT Scan
- DEXA for bone density measurement
- Philips Astonish True Flight Select
- PET-CT with Time Of Flight Technology
- GE SPECT-CT Optima NM 640 Gamma Camera>
- True Beam Linear Accelerator with FFF Technology
- Karl Storz Endoscope
- Siemens Isocentric 3D C-arm
- Medtronic Stealth Station Navigation System
- Leica M530 OH6 Operating Microscope
- Leica M525 OH4 Operating Microscope
- Medtronic Legend high-speed pneumatic drills
- Medtronic Legend EHS Stylus electric drills
- Medtronic Legend oscillating and reciprocating microsaws
- Intraoperative Bone CUSA
- Intraoperative electrophysiological monitoring
- Allen Spine System Table
- Needle biopsy
- Soft tissue and bone pathology
- Spine and peripheral nerve pathology
- Immunohistochemistry & frozen section
- Advanced navigation system
- Endoscopy and MISS systems
- Intraop MRI
- Gamma (SPECT) Camera
- Whole body bone scan
- Regional three-phase bone scan
- Regional infection imaging
Want to find out more about the treatment? The answer to your questions can be found below.
What is minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) or keyhole spine surgery?
Minimally invasive spine surgery is a highly advanced spine surgery technique using very small incisions, using cutting-edge intra-operative technology.
Can elderly patients or very obese patients undergo spine surgery?
The advantages of minimally invasive spine surgery enable us to safely perform spine surgery in elderly patients with multiple medical problems and also obese /overweight patients, with the best possible medical outcomes.
What is Endoscopic Spine Surgery?
Endoscopic Spine Surgery is a minimally invasive spine surgery procedure that helps to relieve pain caused by herniated discs pressing on nerve roots.
What is Awake spine surgery?
These are surgeries done under local or regional anaesthesia without using general anaesthesia. Certain Minimally invasive spine surgery can be done in this manner.
What is scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a condition wherein a person’s spine or back is curved like an “S” or “C”
Scoliosis can be a by birth, acquired or age-related condition
Early detection and correction (in the adolescent age itself) is the key to effective treatment of scoliosis
Severe or visible scoliosis, if left untreated, can lead to complications including disfigurement, pain, breathing difficulties or nerve damage
Who can undergo scoliosis / spinal deformity surgery?
Children, adolescents with scoliosis
Patients with kyphosis (hunchback / forward curving of the spine)
Adults and elderly patients with spinal deformities
How long does it take to recover from scoliosis surgery?
If the recovery is as expected, the patient can be discharged within a week
Children can get back to school about a month after the surgery
What are the advantages of minimally invasive spine surgery over open surgery?
Very small surgical incisions and scars (approximately 18mm)
Minimal muscle damage
Minimal blood loss
Lesser pain, which reduces the need for pain killers
Fewer post-surgical complications
Minimal hospital stay
Faster return to normal life
Lower incidence of surgery related back pain
What is spinal stenosis decompression
The narrowing of the spaces within the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The minimally invasive spine surgery procedure helps decompress the nerves in the narrow spaces between the vertebral bones and spinal joints.
What is the purpose of Lumbar fusion?
Lumbar fusion is done to correct issues with the vertebrae such as painful motion and stability of the spine.
What are the advantages of awake spine surgery?
Many patients with multiple risk factors (cardiac/liver/kidney disorders) or those who are elderly may not be good candidates for general anesthesia. Awake spine surgery can be performed in such patients. Another advantage would be shorter recovery times and same day discharge from hospital
What is scoliosis spine surgery?
Scoliosis spine surgery is a specialised surgery for correction of spine deformity
Are spinal deformity surgeries safe?
Yes, these surgeries are safe. The centre for spine care at Aster Medcity has the latest medical technology for ensuring maximum patient safety and are performed with the help of intra-operative nerve monitoring for unmatched accuracy.
Our patients are our best advocates, hear the inspiring stories of their treatment journey
The source of trustworthy health and medical information. Through this section, we provide research-based health information, and all that is happening in Aster Hospital.