A state-of-the-art facility for comprehensive management of diabetic foot conditions, Aster Podiatry the Best podiatry centre in kochi offers specialised treatment methods that help avoid amputation, even in highly complicated cases. One of India’s most advanced centres for complex reconstructive and limb-salvage surgeries in diabetic foot patients, the department offers specialised, first-of-its-kind procedures in the world including the Sling Technique for foot and ankle stabilisation and use of Polymethyl Metacrylate (PMMA) as replacement prosthesis for severely destroyed foot and ankle bones.
Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Care for Healthy, Happy Feet
At Aster Medcity, we understand the importance of healthy feet and ankles in maintaining an active and fulfilling lifestyle. Our team of experienced Podiatry surgeons are dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all foot and ankle conditions. From routine check-ups to advanced treatment options, we are here to support your foot health needs.
Our multi-disciplinary team consists of best Podiatry Surgeon, Foot & Ankle Surgeon , Vascular Surgeons, Interventional Radiologists, Plastic Surgeons, Endocrinologists and Physiotherapists .They all come together to address a wide range of foot and ankle problems, including injuries, deformities, infections, and chronic conditions.
Our Experts stay up to date with the latest advancements in Podiatric care. We utilize advanced treatment options to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients
Diabetes causes neuropathy and decreased circulation of blood in the leg. The ability to feel pain, heat and cold is lost; and hence minor cuts, scrapes, blisters and pressure sores go unnoticed. This may lead to several complications including deep ulceration and sometimes, amputation. Neuropathy can cause deformities that lead to ulcerations and callosities. Bacterial infection of these wounds is a life-threating condition for immune-compromised patients.
A very serious after-effect of diabetes that leads to poor bone density, erosionand collapse of the foot, anklebone and planter arches, charcot foot causes severe feet deformities. This in turn leads to raised plantar pressure and formation of ulcers.
Our Services & Diagnostics
A. Vascular Screening
- Audible Doppler Assessment
- ABI (Ankle Brachial Index)
- TBI (Toe Brachial Index)
- TCPO2 (Transcutaneous oxygen monitoring )
B. Neuropathy Screening
- Biothesiometer (Vibrometer/VPT)
- Foot temperature measurement/Thermometry
C. Plantar Pressure Measurement
- Podiastat – Electronic foot pressure assessment
- Gait assessment
Our treatment & Services for Podiatry Surgery
- Leg/foot/heel pain & Neuropathic pain
- Plantar fasciitis/ Calcaneal spur/ Achilles tendinitis
- Acute & Chronic pain management
- Anodyne treatment for pain management
- Corn/ Callus/ Callosity treatment
- Ingrown toe nail/ Nail deformity/ Nail trimming
- Treatment of Fungal infection & Hard cracked skin.
- Medical & Surgical Management of Diabetic foot infections& ulcers
- Diabetic foot care/ Foot maintenance/ Preventive education& counselling
- Diabetic footwear & Post diabetic foot surgery footwear advice
- Charcot foot management/ Immobilising Cast application.
- Treatment of Peripheral Vascular disease
- Limb preservation & Amputation prevention policy
- Foot & Ankle Reconstructive Surgery
- Skin graft & Flap surgery for foot ulcers
- Outpatient Dressing services
- Varicose vein ulcer treatment
- Management of Acute& Chronic Non healing wounds
- Comprehensive Wound Care Management
- Minimally invasive, keyhole and day care procedures
- Aster@Home dressing’s services
We are committed to helping you maintain healthy and happy feet for a lifetime.