The Neurosurgery & Spine department at Aster Medcity provides extensive treatment & care for all ailments related to the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system. Some of the neurological treatments offered are for stroke, brain tumors, and head injuries as well as spinal treatments for spinal tumors, disc herniation, cervical/ lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, and congenital spinal deformities.
As an expertly skilled neuro-spine team, it consists of experienced neuro and spine surgeons who work in collaboration with specialty nurses, rehabilitation therapists and radiology technicians to provide customized and comprehensive treatment to all patients.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theatres With 22 Operating Rooms that are on par with some of the largest in the world, Aster Medcity, for the first time South India, introduces ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theatres using Karlstorz OR1 Fusion - Asia Pacific’s first complete digital integration system.
The integration enables real-time sharing of images, videos and medical reports, which not only facilitates virtual participation from any location in the world but also helps the rest of the surgical team to monitor the patient closely during the operative procedure, much to the benefit and safety of the patient undergoing the surgery.
Aster Medcity is also the first surgical facility in the state to offer Robotic Surgery using a high-precision da Vinci Surgery Robot.
- PACS, HIS, and video recording integrated for single monitor control by Surgeons
- Each Operating Room has 3 cameras and 6 monitors for Doctors to monitor patient parameters and the surgical procedures
- Operative procedures can be transmitted live to various locations within and outside the Hospital
- Facilities for interactive sessions during operation through live transmission of the procedure
- Doctors can join the Surgical team and monitor the patient from any location outside the hospital
- Da Vinci Surgical Robot for performing minimally invasive Robotic Surgery
- State-of-the-art engineering techniques to maintain positive pressure within operating rooms along with heap filters to reduce infections
- Individual air handling unit for each Operating Room
- Equipped with Isocentric C Arm
- Advanced facilities to monitor including depth of Anaesthesia, Neuromuscular Monitoring, Transcranial Doppler and 3D Echocardiogram
- High-end Anaesthesia workstation with precision delivery of Anaesthetic gases
- Autopilot facility Anaesthesia machines
- Capability to export information to all ICUs within the hospital
- Induction bay with facilities for parents to be with children during induction of Anaesthesia
- As all Operating Rooms here are approximate of the same size, they can accommodate a variety of equipment- surgical, as well as those for ensuring the safety and protection of the patient
- Stringent Infection Control measures followed under the surveillance of experienced Doctors
- Perioperative anesthetic care
- Anesthesia for solid organ transplant
- Invasive monitoring of deep hypothermic circulatory arrest and associated techniques
- Anesthetic support for SSEP and MEP
- Anesthesia for infants, neonates, and children
- Anesthesia for craniofacial reconstructive and cosmetic surgery
- Labor analgesia and obstetric Anaesthesia
- Regional anesthetic techniques with ultrasound and PNS
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy
- Difficult intubation maneuvers
- Intar aortic balloon support
- Inotropes vasodilators and vasopressors
- ECMO and LVAD assistance
- Neuro monitoring: BIS, NIRS, neuromuscular monitoring, TCD
- Special anesthetic techniques for awake craniotomies
- Blood conservative measures
Seamless Team Work
The ORI Fusion Digital Integration system in the Operating Rooms helps create a workflow that’s seamless by enabling virtual participation of Doctors in the procedure, from whichever part of the world they are in at that point in time. As all medical reports and image modalities including the operation procedure can be transmitted live to any location inside or outside the hospital, Doctors can become a part of the Surgery Team on a real-time basis, wherein they can interact with Surgeons in the OR, closely monitor the procedure as well as patient parameters and contribute their expert suggestions.
- Karl Storz OR1 Fusion Technology
- Single monitor control enabled through integration of PAC, HIS & Video Recording
- Live to share all image modalities & medical reports
- 3 cameras and 6 monitors in every OR.
Aster Medcity understands that the time of surgery is stressful for the family of the Patient as well, which is why the bystander’s waiting lounge has been designed in such a way that it provides a calming, comforting ambiance
Scenic view of the backwaters from the visitor's lounge, Recliner Chairs, Cafeteria
Guest Relation Team who updates the bystanders on patient’s progress at regular intervals and ensures a warm, hospitable atmosphere.
Want to find out more about the treatment? The answer to your questions can be found below.
Why test sudomotor function?
A sudomotor function test is a quick and reliable way of identifying certain types of neuropathies. The presently available tests detect only 50-60% of neuropathies. This test helps the clinician to identify small fiber neuropathies and improve diagnostic accuracy.
What are the types of neurological disorders?
Neurological disorders are differentiated based on the following:
- Genetic defects: Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and epilepsy can run in families.
- Anatomic or structural defects: Bell's palsy, cervical spondylitis, carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Degenerative changes due to age: stroke, dementia, precipitation of Parkinson's.
- Blood supply issues(vascular) like brain damage, memory loss, and vascular dementia.
- Cancer: paraneoplastic disorders of the nervous tissues can cause problems like loss of consciousness, loss of muscle movement, thinking, memory, and sensory perception.
- Injuries and trauma related: can be due to physical(acute spinal cord injury, ALS, Ataxia) or emotional trauma(adverse childhood experiences can precipitate neurological symptoms).
- Infections: several viral infections can cause neurological disorders like meningitis, encephalitis, chickenpox, and polio.
- Seizure disorders: epilepsy.
Are all neurological disorders incurable?
Neurological disorders hamper the quality of life, are severe, and can be fatal. Though most are still incurable, many treatment outcomes depend on causative factors. With advanced medical procedures and palliative care, many symptoms can be improved and reversed in some cases.
What role does the spine play in neurological disorders?
Your spine connects your limbs and lower body to the brain with the help of nerve fibers and nervous tissue. Any damage to the spine can cause neurological disorders and vice versa. Spinal cord disorders have the potential to cause long-term & severe neurological issues.
What is a neurological disorder?
In medical terms, a neurological disorder can be defined as a disease, abnormality, or disorder affecting the brain, nerves, spinal cord, or nervous tissue present anywhere in the body. These disorders involve all electrical, biochemical, and structural problems related to the organs of the nervous system.
When to go to a neuro physician?
Symptoms that persist for a long time need to be reviewed by a neuro physician like
- Severe or chronic headaches.
- Chronic pain in the body which is not of skeletal origin.
- Dizziness or problems with body balance.
- Chronic numbness or tingling in feet, fingers, wrists, etc
- Mild tremors or chronic twitching of muscles.
- Confused thoughts, random train of thoughts, memory problems.
Neurological disorder vs mental illness/disorder?
Neurological disorders are caused due to malfunction or damage to the central/ peripheral nervous system.
Mental illnesses or disorders are manifestations of disturbed behavioral issues and emotional problems.