Aster Centre for Minimal Access Robotic Surgery is a specialized department that focuses on performing surgical procedures using robotic technology through minimally invasive techniques. This center combines the advantages of minimal access surgery (also known as laparoscopic or keyhole surgery) with the precision and benefits offered by robotic systems.
Aster Medcity is the first facility in Kerala to offer high-precision robotic surgeries using the da Vinci surgery system. Led by a team of highly skilled robotic surgery experts, Aster MARS has performed over 2000 Roboto Assisted Surgeries across urology, gynecology, gastrointestinal, hepato-pancreato-biliary, onco surgery, and orthopaedic surgery robotic procedures in patients of all ages.
One of the few facilities in the country to offer highly specialised robotic liver and pancreas surgery, Aster MARS is the third centre in the world to perform a robotic transvaginal renal transplant surgery and the first in India to perform a robotic kidney tumour removal.
The primary goal of the Aster Minimal Access Robotic Surgery is to provide patients with advanced surgical options that result in reduced trauma, faster recovery times, and improved patient outcomes. Robotic-assisted surgery in a minimal access setting involves using robotic systems to enhance the surgeon's capabilities and provide greater precision, control, and visualization during the procedure.
Some key features and benefits of Aster Minimal Access Robotic Surgery:
- Minimally Invasive Techniques: The center specializes in performing surgeries through small incisions, typically ranging from a few millimeters to a few centimeters in size. This approach reduces the trauma to surrounding tissues, resulting in less pain, minimal scarring, and faster recovery compared to traditional open surgeries.
- Robotic Technology: The center utilizes advanced robotic systems, such as the da Vinci Surgical System, to assist the surgical team during procedures.
- Enhanced Precision and Dexterity: Robotic systems provide surgeons with enhanced precision, dexterity, and control over their movements. The robotic arms can mimic the surgeon's hand movements with increased accuracy, allowing for delicate and precise maneuvers within the body.
- 3D Visualization: The surgeon console in Aster Minimal Access Robotic Surgery Centre provides a three-dimensional, high-definition view of the surgical site. This improved visualization enables surgeons to see anatomical structures more clearly and perform precise maneuvers with better accuracy.
- Reduced Surgeon Fatigue: Robotic systems can provide ergonomic support; help maintain optimal performance and precision throughout the surgery.
- Expanded Surgical Applications: The Minimal Access Robotic Surgery Centre can perform a wide range of procedures across various surgical specialties, including urology, gynecology, colorectal surgery, liver surgery, onco surgery, orthopaedic surgery, general surgery, and thoracic surgery. The versatility of robotic systems allows surgeons to tackle complex and challenging cases with improved outcomes.
- Multidisciplinary Approach: The center often adopts a multidisciplinary approach, involving surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. This collaborative approach ensures comprehensive patient care and optimal surgical outcomes.
Through our 25+ specialities, we provide in-depth expertise in the spectrum of advance medical and surgical interventions. Our specialties are integrated to provide a seamless experience.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
Treatments & Procedures
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Want to find out more about the treatment? The answer to your questions can be found below.
What types of surgeries can be performed using minimal access robotic surgery?
Minimal access robotic surgery can be utilized for various surgical procedures, including but not limited to:
Gynecologic surgeries: Robotic-assisted procedures such as hysterectomy, myomectomy, and ovarian cystectomy.
- Urologic surgeries: Robotic-assisted prostatectomy, nephrectomy, cystectomy, and pyeloplasty.
- Gastrointestinal surgeries: Robotic-assisted procedures like colectomy, gastric bypass, and esophagectomy.
- Cardiac surgeries: Robotic-assisted procedures for mitral valve repair, coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), and atrial septal defect repair.
- Thoracic surgeries: Robotic-assisted lung lobectomy, thymectomy, and mediastinal tumor resection.
What are the advantages of minimal access robotic surgery?
Some advantages of minimal access robotic surgery include:
- Reduced trauma and scarring: The use of small incisions results in less tissue damage, reduced scarring, and decreased postoperative pain.
- Enhanced precision and dexterity: The robotic system provides the surgeon with a greater range of motion and more precise control over surgical instruments, allowing for delicate and intricate procedures.
- High-definition visualization: The robotic system offers a magnified, 3D view of the surgical site, enabling the surgeon to see details with exceptional clarity.
- Less blood loss: Minimal access robotic surgery techniques often result in reduced blood loss during the procedure.
- Faster recovery and shorter hospital stay: Due to the minimally invasive nature of the surgery, patients typically experience a faster recovery and shorter hospital stay compared to traditional open surgery.
The source of trustworthy health and medical information. Through this section, we provide research-based health information, and all that is happening in Aster Hospital.