The Centre of Excellence in Orthopaedics & Rheumatology at Aster Medcity is a state-of-the-art facility that offers specialised services for comprehensive management of musculoskeletal disorders in adults and children.
Designed to function like an independent hospital, the Centre of Excellence (CoE) has an outpatient division, an inpatient division, a day care wing, state-of-the-art imaging facilities, digital integrated ortho surgical suites, a physical rehabilitation division and a 24-hour emergency wing for trauma and accident care. The separate entrance to the facility ensures quick and personalised medical attention to patients.
The exceptional team of doctors here comprise experts from all orthopaedic subspecialties including Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Joint Replacement, Wrist, Upper Limb & Shoulder Care, Paediatric Orthopaedics and Deformity Correction, Orthopaedic Oncology, Spine, Sports Medicine, Rheumatology and Microvascular Surgery. Multidisciplinary in approach, they provide holistic, evidence-based treatment to patients, with the support of speciality-trained Nurses, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physicians, Clinical Psychologists/ Counsellors and qualified Technicians.
Aster Centre of Excellence in Orthopaedics & Rheumatology offers a comprehensive range of medical technology and clinical support including South Asia’s first OR1 Karl Storlz fusion digital integrated Green OT certified surgical suites, South India’s first IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anaesthesia (ICCA) ICUs, Kerala’s first True Beam Linear Accelerator for high-precision radiotherapy, computer navigation for joint replacement, bone tumour surgery and spine deformity correction and Philips fourth generation Time of Flight 16 Slide PET-CT for Nuclear Medicine aided diagnosis and therapy.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
- 24-hour emergency wing for trauma & accident care
- All primary and complex trauma surgeries
- Zero hour trauma surgery, unless contra-indicated
- Orthopaedic surgeon on duty, 24/7
- Highly-trained emergency & resuscitation experts
- Fully-equipped ICU ambulance
- Whole body bone scan
- Regional three-phase bone scan
- Regional infection imaging
- Bone graft viability
- Regional infection PET imaging to diagnose osteomyelitis in patients who have undergone hip replacement surgeries
- Strontium therapy for bone pain palliation
Aster Centre of Excellence in Orthopaedics & Rheumatology offers a wide range of therapeutic and diagnostic medical therapy to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- OR1 Karl Storz fusion digital integrated Green OT certified surgical suites
- IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anaesthesia (ICCA) ICUs
- 3.0 Tesla Widebore MRI
- 256 Slice Philips iCT Scan
- DEXA for bone density measurement
- Philips Astonish True Flight Select PET-CT with Time Of Flight (TOF) Technology
- GE SPECT-CT Optima NM 640 Gamma Camera
- True Beam Linear Accelerator with FFF Technology
- High-definition video arthroscope
- Small joint arthroscope
- 3D C arm
- Computer navigation system for arthroplasty, spine and tumour surgeries
- World-class surgical equipment & implants
- Intra-operative doppler for bone tumour surgeries
- Body exhaust suits and helmets for joint replacement surgery
- State-of-the-art lab
- Needle Biopsy
- Soft tissue and bone pathology
- Frozen section
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation for musculoskeletal injuries and disorders
- Rehabilitation for patients who have undergone surgeries, including amputees
- Rheumatological rehabilitation with focus on prevention of functional disorders, improving movement and management of pain / stiffness
- Sports rehabilitation
- Orthotic & prosthetic management
- Hand rehabilitation post fracture, injury or surgery
ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theatres With 22 Operating Rooms that are on par with some of the largest in the world, Aster Medcity, for the first time South India, introduces ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theatres using Karlstorz OR1 Fusion - Asia Pacific’s first complete digital integration system.
The integration enables real-time sharing of images, videos and medical reports, which not only facilitates virtual participation from any location in the world but also helps the rest of the surgical team to monitor the patient closely during the operative procedure, much to the benefit and safety of the patient undergoing the surgery.
Aster Medcity is also the first surgical facility in the state to offer Robotic Surgery using a high-precision da Vinci Surgery Robot.
- PACS, HIS, and video recording integrated for single monitor control by Surgeons
- Each Operating Room has 3 cameras and 6 monitors for Doctors to monitor patient parameters and the surgical procedures
- Operative procedures can be transmitted live to various locations within and outside the Hospital
- Facilities for interactive sessions during operation through live transmission of the procedure
- Doctors can join the Surgical team and monitor the patient from any location outside the hospital
- Da Vinci Surgical Robot for performing minimally invasive Robotic Surgery
- State-of-the-art engineering techniques to maintain positive pressure within operating rooms along with heap filters to reduce infections
- Individual air handling unit for each Operating Room
- Equipped with Isocentric C Arm
- Advanced facilities to monitor including depth of Anaesthesia, Neuromuscular Monitoring, Transcranial Doppler and 3D Echocardiogram
- High-end Anaesthesia workstation with precision delivery of Anaesthetic gases
- Autopilot facility Anaesthesia machines
- Capability to export information to all ICUs within the hospital
- Induction bay with facilities for parents to be with children during induction of Anaesthesia
- As all Operating Rooms here are approximate of the same size, they can accommodate a variety of equipment- surgical, as well as those for ensuring the safety and protection of the patient
- Stringent Infection Control measures followed under the surveillance of experienced Doctors
- Perioperative anesthetic care
- Anesthesia for solid organ transplant
- Invasive monitoring of deep hypothermic circulatory arrest and associated techniques
- Anesthetic support for SSEP and MEP
- Anesthesia for infants, neonates, and children
- Anesthesia for craniofacial reconstructive and cosmetic surgery
- Labor analgesia and obstetric Anaesthesia
- Regional anesthetic techniques with ultrasound and PNS
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy
- Difficult intubation maneuvers
- Intar aortic balloon support
- Inotropes vasodilators and vasopressors
- ECMO and LVAD assistance
- Neuro monitoring: BIS, NIRS, neuromuscular monitoring, TCD
- Special anesthetic techniques for awake craniotomies
- Blood conservative measures
Seamless Team Work
The ORI Fusion Digital Integration system in the Operating Rooms helps create a workflow that’s seamless by enabling virtual participation of Doctors in the procedure, from whichever part of the world they are in at that point in time. As all medical reports and image modalities including the operation procedure can be transmitted live to any location inside or outside the hospital, Doctors can become a part of the Surgery Team on a real-time basis, wherein they can interact with Surgeons in the OR, closely monitor the procedure as well as patient parameters and contribute their expert suggestions.
- Karl Storz OR1 Fusion Technology
- Single monitor control enabled through integration of PAC, HIS & Video Recording
- Live to share all image modalities & medical reports
- 3 cameras and 6 monitors in every OR.
Aster Medcity understands that the time of surgery is stressful for the family of the Patient as well, which is why the bystander’s waiting lounge has been designed in such a way that it provides a calming, comforting ambiance
Scenic view of the backwaters from the visitor's lounge, Recliner Chairs, Cafeteria
Guest Relation Team who updates the bystanders on patient’s progress at regular intervals and ensures a warm, hospitable atmosphere.