The Paediatric Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery department of Aster Medcity offers surgical treatments for ailments involving the heart, lungs, and blood vessels. We focus on long-term results and the centre is known for its comprehensive cardiac surgical options addressing congenital abnormalities, trauma and other complex conditions requiring intervention. Full-fledged cardiac OT suites with the newest technology are used to treat a variety of difficult heart conditions with sophisticated surgical treatment. Our paediatric heart team is known for its innovative surgical treatments and the best operative skills and post-operative care.
- Congenital Heart Disease Surgery
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) ligation
- Fallot’s tetralogy repair
- Total anomalous pulmonary venous return (TAPVR) correction
- Truncus arteriosus repair
- Neonatal Heart Surgery
- BT Glenn Shunt
- Coaractation Repair
- ASD and VSD Closure
- Intra-cardiac Repairs
- Arterial Switch Operation
- Double Switch Operation
- Rastelli Operation
- Senning Procedure
- Valve Repairs and Replacements
- ROSS procedure
- Extra Cardiac Fontan
- Intra-operative Stenting
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
Advanced Technology & Facilities
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
- Dedicated modern operating theatres.
- Dedicated digital catheterization lab with ECHO Navigation
- Electrophysiology lab-3D mapping, RF ablation.
- Echocardiography lab – 2D and 3D ECHO, Trans-esophageal ECHO.
- Advanced Fetal Heart Unit
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Unit
- Pulmonary artery hypertension clinic
- BMU 40-blood monitoring unit, to enhance safety of complex surgeries during cardiopulmonary bypass (second installation in India).
- NIRS- Near Infra-Red Spectroscopy for advanced intraoperative brain monitoring to provide superior neurological outcomes in complex surgeries.
- ICE (Intra cardiac echocardiography)
- Exclusive pediatric cardiac ICU
- Cardiac CT and MRI
Want to find out more about the treatment? The answer to your questions can be found below.
What is the most common heart disease in children?
The most common type of heart defect is a ventricular septal defect (VSD).
What is early heart disease called?
Coronary artery disease, also called CAD, is a condition that affects your heart. It is the most common heart disease in the United States. CAD happens when coronary arteries struggle to supply the heart with enough blood, oxygen and nutrients. Cholesterol deposits, or plaques, are almost always to blame.
Our patients are our best advocates, hear the inspiring stories of their treatment journey