The first independent facility in Kerala for comprehensive brain, spine and nerve care, the Aster Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Neurosciences offers advanced neurology, neurosurgery, spine surgery, neuro oncology, neuroradiology, neuropsychology and neuro rehabilitation services to patients of all ages.
Designed to function like an independent hospital, the CoE has an outpatient wing, an inpatient wing, a day care unit, dedicated neuro ICUs, digital integrated neurosurgery suites, interventional neuroradiology suites, state-of-the-art imaging facilities including nuclear medicine and a 24-hour emergency division for handling all neurological and neurosurgery emergencies including complex neurotrauma and hyperacute management of stroke. The separate entrance to the facility ensures you quick and personalised medical attention.
Our exceptional team of doctors comprises nationally and internationally trained neurologists, neurosurgeons, spine surgeons, neuro radiologists and neuropsychologists who are capable of handling the most complex cases. Multidisciplinary in approach, they will ensure you optimal and evidence-based treatment, with the support of speciality-trained nurses, technicians and rehabilitation therapists.
State-of-the-art in terms of technology and clinical support, Aster Centre of Excellence in Neurosciences is the first facility in South East Asia to offer OR1 Karlstroz fusion digital integrated neurosurgical suites with autopilot anaesthesia, the first in India to offer Flat Panel Biplane Vascular Hybrid Cath Lab and CLARITY Cathlab, the first in South India to offer IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anaesthesia (ICCA) Neuro ICUs and the first in Kerala to offer fourth generation PET-CT Scan with Time Of Flight Technology.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theatres With 22 Operating Rooms that are on par with some of the largest in the world, Aster Medcity, for the first time South India, introduces ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theatres using Karlstorz OR1 Fusion - Asia Pacific’s first complete digital integration system.
The integration enables real-time sharing of images, videos and medical reports, which not only facilitates virtual participation from any location in the world but also helps the rest of the surgical team to monitor the patient closely during the operative procedure, much to the benefit and safety of the patient undergoing the surgery.
Aster Medcity is also the first surgical facility in the state to offer Robotic Surgery using a high-precision da Vinci Surgery Robot.
- PACS, HIS, and video recording integrated for single monitor control by Surgeons
- Each Operating Room has 3 cameras and 6 monitors for Doctors to monitor patient parameters and the surgical procedures
- Operative procedures can be transmitted live to various locations within and outside the Hospital
- Facilities for interactive sessions during operation through live transmission of the procedure
- Doctors can join the Surgical team and monitor the patient from any location outside the hospital
- Da Vinci Surgical Robot for performing minimally invasive Robotic Surgery
- State-of-the-art engineering techniques to maintain positive pressure within operating rooms along with heap filters to reduce infections
- Individual air handling unit for each Operating Room
- Equipped with Isocentric C Arm
- Advanced facilities to monitor including depth of Anaesthesia, Neuromuscular Monitoring, Transcranial Doppler and 3D Echocardiogram
- High-end Anaesthesia workstation with precision delivery of Anaesthetic gases
- Autopilot facility Anaesthesia machines
- Capability to export information to all ICUs within the hospital
- Induction bay with facilities for parents to be with children during induction of Anaesthesia
- As all Operating Rooms here are approximate of the same size, they can accommodate a variety of equipment- surgical, as well as those for ensuring the safety and protection of the patient
- Stringent Infection Control measures followed under the surveillance of experienced Doctors
- Perioperative anesthetic care
- Anesthesia for solid organ transplant
- Invasive monitoring of deep hypothermic circulatory arrest and associated techniques
- Anesthetic support for SSEP and MEP
- Anesthesia for infants, neonates, and children
- Anesthesia for craniofacial reconstructive and cosmetic surgery
- Labor analgesia and obstetric Anaesthesia
- Regional anesthetic techniques with ultrasound and PNS
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy
- Difficult intubation maneuvers
- Intar aortic balloon support
- Inotropes vasodilators and vasopressors
- ECMO and LVAD assistance
- Neuro monitoring: BIS, NIRS, neuromuscular monitoring, TCD
- Special anesthetic techniques for awake craniotomies
- Blood conservative measures
Seamless Team Work
The ORI Fusion Digital Integration system in the Operating Rooms helps create a workflow that’s seamless by enabling virtual participation of Doctors in the procedure, from whichever part of the world they are in at that point in time. As all medical reports and image modalities including the operation procedure can be transmitted live to any location inside or outside the hospital, Doctors can become a part of the Surgery Team on a real-time basis, wherein they can interact with Surgeons in the OR, closely monitor the procedure as well as patient parameters and contribute their expert suggestions.
- Karl Storz OR1 Fusion Technology
- Single monitor control enabled through integration of PAC, HIS & Video Recording
- Live to share all image modalities & medical reports
- 3 cameras and 6 monitors in every OR.
Aster Medcity understands that the time of surgery is stressful for the family of the Patient as well, which is why the bystander’s waiting lounge has been designed in such a way that it provides a calming, comforting ambiance
Scenic view of the backwaters from the visitor's lounge, Recliner Chairs, Cafeteria
Guest Relation Team who updates the bystanders on patient’s progress at regular intervals and ensures a warm, hospitable atmosphere.
Want to find out more about the treatment? The answer to your questions can be found below.
Why test sudomotor function?
A sudomotor function test is a quick and reliable way of identifying certain types of neuropathies. The presently available tests detect only 50-60% of neuropathies. This test helps the clinician to identify small fiber neuropathies and improve diagnostic accuracy.
What information does SUDOSCAN provide?
SUDOSCAN gives you the information about the small fiber nerve functions. In a SUDOSCAN test, electrical conductance of the hands and feet are measured. Test results with high conductance means normal sweat function whereas low conductance indicates peripheral or autonomic neuropathy.
What is SUDOSCAN?
SUDOSCAN is an approved device used to test the sudomotor function and test for Small fiber neuropathies. The test is non-invasive, accurate and fast. No patient preparation or fasting is needed and outcome of the test is available within 3 minutes.
Who should get tested with a SUDOSCAN?
A SUDOSCAN test is very useful if you have burning feet, an undiagnosed neuropathy or for periodic assessment of patients with a known neuropathy. It is effective in identifying autonomic neuropathy caused by diabetes and other diseases.
Our patients are our best advocates, hear the inspiring stories of their treatment journey