Dr. Sandhya Cherkil
A Psychologist with more than 16 years of experience, Dr. Sandhya Cherkil is an expert in cognitive psychology, remediation, rehabilitation and psychotherapies. Trained in administering java neuropsychiatric test and implementation of mini international neuropsychiatric interview, her areas of special interest include management of stress, wellbeing, quality of life and community psychology. She works closely with all specialities/ departments with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Trained in administering java neuropsychiatric test and implementation of mini international neuropsychiatric interview at the Institute of Psychiatry, London
- Developed an indigenous stress scale for assessing stress levels and determining the stressors of medical students
- Actively involved in training Nursing and MD Psychiatry students for the past 5 years
- Authored a book titled ’Stress, coping and wellbeing in the women spouses of mentally ill’, published by Lambert
- Authored a text book ‘Psychology for paramedical courses’, published by Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- More than 10 research articles in journals