One of the most advanced facilities in the region for plastic, aesthetic /cosmetic, reconstructive, dermatology and hand surgery, the department of Plastic, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery at Aster Hospital offers a wide range of highly-specialised services for restoration, alteration and correction of function and appearance.
We provide excellent care, right from diagnosis to the treatment and beyond at our world-class hospitals.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Our patients are our best advocates, hear the inspiring stories of their treatment journey
Having completed his MCh( Plastic surgery) from prestigious S.C.B. medical college, Odisha in 2013, I have worked in Baby memorial hospital, Kerala for 2 yrs as a junior consultant. Then I worked in S.B.M hospital, Odisha, a dedicated hospital only for plastic surgery catering to a large volume of trauma and oncosurgical work as a consultant and medical superintendent for 2 years. I am presently working as a senior consultant, Dept of plastic surgery, Aster MIMS, Kozhikode since 2017. Over the last 11 yrs, I had the opportunity to work along with many eminent plastic surgeons covering almost all the spectrum of plastic surgery with many successful complex surgeries. My areas of interest are complex trauma, microvascular surgery, onco reconstruction, and aesthetic surgery.
- Aesthetic surgery
Dr Swarup Venugopal serves as Consultant at Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has Special interest in hand, Trauma and Micro vascular Surgery, brachial plexus surgery.
He was part of the team that performed the first Bilateral hand Transplant in Tamil Nadu. He also deals with burns management and Surgery.
He has Completed MCh from Institute of Research and Rehabilitation of hand and plastic surgery, Stanley Government Medical College and Hospital.
A veteran Plastic Surgeon with more than 4 decades of experience to his credit,Dr. Chona Thomas’s skills in aesthetic (cosmetic), reconstructive, dermatological and hand surgery are unparalleled. One of the most respected figures in the medical fraternity, he spearheaded the entire gamut of Plastic Surgery services in Oman for 32 years. He was conferred the Citizenship of Oman and Civil Service Award, Order of Oman by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said Al-Said, the Ruler of the Sultanate of Oman, in honour of his outstanding contribution to the development of medical services in the Middle East. Dr. Chona Thomas attained expertise in various surgical sub-specialities from some of the finest institutes in the UK, USA, Australia, Italy, Switzerland and India. His areas of special interest include aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery and cleft surgery.
Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Surgery:
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Correction) | Blepharoplasty (Eye lid Reduction) | Rhytidectomy & Brow lift (Face Lift) |Mammoplasty - Breast Augmentation & Reduction | Breast lift & Eversion of Nipple | Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) | Liposuction (Fat Removal) | Body Contouring | Arm Reduction | Thigh Reduction | Labioplasty| Gynaecomastia (Male Breast Enlargement) | Fat Transfer | Soft Tissue Fillers | Botox
- Repair Cleft Lip and Palate | Pharyngeoplasty | Alveolar Bone Grafting | Hypospadias Operations | Salivary Gland operations | Resurfacing Operations for Bedsores & Ulcers
- Acute Hand Injuries | Hand Deformities | Carpal Tunnel Syndrome | DeQuervain’s Syndrome | Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Excision of Skin Tumors (Benign & Malignant) | Correction of Post Burn Deformity | Skin Grafting | Scar Revisions
Accolades & Awards:
- Regional Editor of the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, USA
- Guest Faculty of numerous International Plastic Surgery Conferences, including the 5th World Congress of Cleft Lip and Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies at Texas, USA
- Published numerous articles in international peer reviewed journals
- Authored chapters in textbooks
- Distinguished Alumni Award - Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dr. Bhiman Das Bilwani Oration Award- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India
- Member of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India
- Overseas Member of the Editorial Board of the Craniofacial Surgery
- Oman’s National Representative for the International Plastic
- Reconstructive,Aesthetic Surgery Association (IPRAS)
- Member of the International Editorial Board of the Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery
- Former President of the Association of Plastic Surgery Service, Oman
- Former President of the GCC Plastic Surgeons Association
- Former President of the Oman’s Plastic Surgery Society
Dr Madhusudan is an alumnus of BMC, Bangalore and PGIMER, Chandigarh, His primary priority is patient care. With ENT background, has a passion for rhinoplasty and other facial plastic, reconstructive procedure. Microvascular surgery is the field of interest. Keeping the enthusiasm to deliver the best to the patient over the last decade, it has now become a habit he says. He would also like to build a good plastic surgical team to cater round the clock services.
- Dr Madhusudan was a teaching faculty in the department of plastic surgery at St.Johns Medical College as an Associate professor for 5 years.
- He was the consultant and Heading the Department of Plastic Surgery at BGS Global Hospital for 10 years.
- Rhinoplasty, Otoplasty and other facial plastic surgery (With ENT background)
- Micro vascular surgery, Peripheral nerve surgery
- Liposuction and body contouring procedures
- Genital reconstruction/ Transgender surgeries
- Hand surgery
- He has performed more than 4000 plastic surgical procedures comprising of all sub specialities of plastic, cosmetic, microvascular, reconstructive surgeries in the last 15 years.
- He has performed more than 600 microvascular surgeries, both elective and emergency
Dr. Manajeet Patil is a board-certified plastic and cosmetic surgeon and has a total experience of more than 10 years in the field of plastic surgery. After his MBBS he pursued MS General surgery from KIMS, Hubli. With his keen interest in plastic surgery, he further studied MCh in King George Medical University Lucknow.
He subsequently worked as an Assistant Professor in a reputed institute like NIMS, Hyderabad where he picked up microvascular and cosmetic work.
He specialises in the areas such as limb trauma, vascular injuries, maxillofacial trauma, congenital deformities of the hand, cleft lip and palate, onco reconstruction and cosmetic surgeries.
He also has a few national and international publications to his name. Dr. Patil also participates in conferences and CMEs on a regular basis to keep himself updated in the field. He excels in the field of cosmetic surgeries.
- Limb trauma
- Vascular injuries
- Maxillofacial trauma
- Congenital deformities of the hand
- Cleft lip and palate
- Onco reconstruction
- Cosmetic surgeries
Dr P Viswanath comes with International experience and is certified by the Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Amsterdam. He completed his MBBS and MS at Guntur Medical College and received his MCh from prestigious Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. He then went on to complete DAFPRS (Belgium) Fellowship - Cosmetic Surgery Belgium/ Netherlands. He special areas of interest are Cosmetic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Trauma and is recognised for his expertise in surgeries like Rhinoplasty (Nose Correction), Blepharoplasty (Eye Lid Reduction), Repair Cleft Lip and Palate and Dupuytern’s Contracture.