Skin is the largest organ of the body and it protects you against all external aggressors. Your skin health is important not only for your appearance but more importantly because your skin performs so many essential tasks for your body. We offer comprehensive treatment for skin, hair, and nail diseases. A majority of treatment is evidence-based therapies for a variety of skin conditions, such as acne, skin growths, psoriasis, skin pigmentation, age spots, rashes, warts, and vitiligo. We have a well-qualified and skilled team of dermatologists who are adept in skin procedures, which require utmost precision such as micro-needling, skin biopsy, and platelet-rich plasma therapy. We also use the latest techniques that cause minimal scarring and help our patients have healthy and glowing skin.
We provide excellent care, right from diagnosis to the treatment and beyond at our world-class hospitals.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
The electrosurgical method includes utilizing a special device by the skilled doctors, at Aster MIMS Kottakkal, frequently basically called a “Bovie” after the man who created it. The device cuts, parches (dries the region), coagulates (frames blood clusters) and fulgurates (destroy and wipe off) tissue. There are such a large number of dermatology methods that react well to electrosurgery that dermatologists for the most part utilize it consistently. The advantages of the strategy are various. Methods are performed under local anesthesia at our department, regularly without the need of an assistant. The utilization of electrosurgery has been attached to less bleeding amid the method which decreases inconveniences, advances fast recuperating and negligible scarring.
Our team of doctors may find a sore that is suspicious, and a sample of skin may be evacuated to take a gander at under a microscope. This is known as a skin biopsy. There are a few diverse approaches to play out a skin biopsy. The decision relies on upon the kind of skin tumor, where it is on the body, and the measure of the influenced region. Taking a gander at tissue under the microscope is the most complete technique to analyze a skin tumor.
In case of shave biopsy, the skin is desensitized with local anesthesia. A sharp cutting edge is utilized to shave off a thin cut of skin containing the top layer of skin, the epidermis, and a segment of the base layer of skin, the dermis. A sharp, round cutting edge is utilized to evacuate a tube shaped center of skin and all skin layers down to the subcutaneous fat layer in punch biopsy. Whereas in the case of incisional and excisional biopsy, the skin is anesthetized (desensitized) with local anesthesia and a surgical blade is utilized to evacuate a bit of the tumor (incisional biopsy) or the whole tumor (excisional biopsy).
The Dermaroller is a powerful, safe, minimally-invasive procedure that includes the utilization of micro-needling equipment. Our department performs this Vital Collagen Induction treatment with the FDA affirmed Medical Dermaroller to make micro-needle punctures into the dermis. Thusly, the skin's common guard enables it to make new collagen cells by empowering development and recuperating elements. These outcomes in a snappy recuperating time with for the most part great outcomes. Dermaroller has been used by our specialized doctors to treat a wide assortment of skin concerns, for example, scars of acne, skin laxity, lines, photo damage, texture and tone, and other skin imperfections. The Dermaroller is the best revival treatment for the face, but at the same time is extremely effective on the body. It can help decrease the presence of stretch marks. Since it is not a laser, it can be performed on all skin sorts securely and effectively
Want to find out more about the treatment? The answer to your questions can be found below.
Is Laser the only answer to unwanted hair growth?
The laser is the only final treatment for unwanted growth.
What are the common services provided by a dermatologist?
Consultation, the treatment which can be medical or surgical, electrocautery, cryocautery and lasers.
How do I know if a spot needs to be checked?
If a spot appears on the skin and grows in size or changes colour it has to be checked.
What treatments are available for hair loss?
Hair growth serum for local application and biotin tablets.
How do you test for an allergy?
Allergy is tested by taking a blood sample from the patient for absolute eosinophil count and immunoglobin E or total allergy panel and intradermal pinprick test.
What is Body Contouring?
Excess fat is removed and fat grafts are placed in places where needed.
Sunburn can be treated by avoiding exposure to the sun and applying sunscreens before exposure to the sun.
How does the sun damage the skin and what how can I reduce the damage caused by the sun?
The ultraviolet rays in the sun trigger a reaction in epidermis and dermis of the skin and increase melanin production.
What is the most common skin condition?
Acne or otherwise known as pimples is the most common skin condition.
When should one consult a dermatologist?
If a person notices any change in colour or texture of the skin or anything which cause pain, itching or discomfort in any way he or she should consult a dermatologist.
Dr.Lasida Ali is a Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, and Hair transplant surgeon with more than 10 years of experience. She completed her MBBS from the prestigious Calicut Medical College in the year 2004. She later obtained a DVD and MD in Dermatology and Cosmetology from the same institute.
Prior to joining MIMS, she was working as Assistant Professor in the Dept of Dermatology at Malabar Medical College, Modakkallur. She is extremely passionate about aesthetic and cosmetic medicine striving to offer state-of-the-art personalized treatment to her patients.
She has attended various courses and workshops on lasers, botox, fillers, thread lifts, scar management, PRP, vitiligo corrective surgeries, and hair transplantation. In addition to clinical dermatology, her areas of expertise include facial rejuvenation, anti-aging treatment, scar and pigment therapy and hair restoration. She is well versed in the advanced MK cell transplantation for vitiligo.
She has undergone training in hair transplantation from multiple centers in India and is a member of the Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons of India.
- Laser hair reduction
- Moles/skin tags/warts removal
- chemical peels
- thread lift
- beautiful back treatment
- hands and feet rejuvenation
- Patchy hair loss
- Male pattern hair loss
- Female pattern hair loss
- PRP for hair growh
- Hair transplantation
A Dermatologist with more than 12 years of experience, Dr Anuradha Kakkanatt Babu specialises in clinical dermatology, aesthetic dermatology and venereology. An expert in comprehensive management of complex skin disorders, her areas of special interest include advanced laser procedures, chemical peeling, micro needling and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment.Dr. Anuradha Kakkanatt Babu is the first recipient of the IAVDL President Appreciation Award, from Kerala.
- Trained in advanced cosmetic and clinical dermatology from institutions in Mumbai and Bangalore
- Awardee of Fulford Derma Foundation Scholarship for meritorious performance in Dermatology
- Editor of Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology since 2017
- Reviewer of Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology since 2016
- Convener of IADVL Constitution Committee, 2018
- Former Secretary of Cochin Dermatological Society 2014-18
- Gold medallist and first prize winner of National Dermatology Quiz
- Invited faculty at several national/international conferences
- Published over 10 research articles in peer reviewed journals
- Authored chapters in 2 books
- Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists Indian Association for the Study of Sexually Transmitted Diseases & AIDS
A highly experienced dermatologist with expertise in leprology, dermatosurgery and cosmetology, Dr. Ameena Jaleel has a proven track record in procedures such as vitiligo surgeries, acne scar surgeries, nail surgeries, keloid surgeries, PRP, PRF, and chemical peels. She is a trained specialist in Laser Treatments and has contributed to several international research journals and publications.
- Lifetime member of the Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology
- Lifetime member of the Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India
- Trained in the expert management of chronic skin diseases
- Recipient of Dr. B.K.H. Nair Memorial Award for Best Young Researcher in 2017, from the Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, IADVL-Kerala
- Published multiple articles in international journals including the International Journal of Dermatology and Leprosy Review
- Senior Resident at Kottayam Medical College
- Assistant professor at Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Ernakulam
Dr. Shireen Furtado, MD is a dermatologist with fellowship training in dermatosurgery. She specialises in acne, vitiligo surgery and has also trained in USA in Medical Aesthetics. On completing her Dermatology residency, she pursued a fellowship in Dermatologic surgery at the reputed St Johns National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore, where she continued working for three years as a senior resident (2011-2013). She gained international experience by undergoing observerships under the guidance of Dr Dale Pearlman (2013-2014) in medical and procedural dermatology at Stanford University Dermatology Clinics, Stanford, California.
In addition to the treatment of skin ailments, she has a keen interest in procedural dermatology and has performed surgeries for re-pigmentation in vitiligo, including melanocyte transfer, acne scar revision surgeries and several aesthetic and cosmetic laser-assisted procedures during her training at St Johns Hospital, Bangalore, India. She has additionally trained in Aesthetic dermatology procedures in an AAOPM recognized training programme in New York, USA and is an advanced cardiac life support certificate holder from AHA (American Heart Association).
She has trained for a year in aesthetics and lasers at Empire Medical Training Centre (an American Academy of Procedural Medicine –AAOPM affiliate) at Manhattan, New York City and has certified training in Botox, Dermal fillers, Platelet-rich plasma for facial rejuvenation and hair loss, Anti-aging, Medical weight loss – HCG injections, Submental lipolysis, Sclerotherapy and Medical hair loss. She has been a recipient of several scholarships and has participated in scientific oral and poster presentations at National Conferences served as faculty at conferences, has contributed chapters in books and has published articles for international journals. She offers comprehensive and personalized dermatology consultation and is adept in dermatology procedure services.
Dr. Shireen completed her MBBS from Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Bangalore, and MD Dermatology from Father Muller Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Mangalore.
- Vitiligo surgery
- Medical Aesthetics.
- Awards And Recognitions
- First in the University in Pathology- Rajiv Gandhi University of health Sciences, Bangalore, India
- Best outgoing student of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Batch 2000
- Awarded Short term Studentship 2003 by ICMR for study on “Early detection of GDM using oral glucose challenge test”
- Galderma Post graduate Grant award for the years 2007 and 2009 at Dermacon
- First place for award paper titled “Multiple nodules on the face and trunk- a diagnostic dilemma” at Cuticon KT 2008
- Multiple nodules on the face and trunk- a diagnostic dilemma – Cuticon KT 2008, Mangalore, India Staphylococcal pyodermas with emphasis on MRSA- For the Young Dermatologists Forum at Dermacon 2009, Bangalore, India
- Face lift in dermatology- Invited talk at Dermatology CME-2011 organized by the Dept of Dermatology, Fr Muller Medical College, Mangalore, India
- Lunch time acne scar therapy- Non ablative Er-Glass lasers- Dermacon 2018
- Sweets syndrome- an afebrile presentation – DERMACON 2007, Chennai, India
- Lipschutz ulcer - DERMACON 2007, Chennai, India
- Neurocutaneous spectrum of Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN-1)- International Dermatopathology Conference, 2012, Mangalore, India.
- Microneedling in the treatment of post-acne scars- a pilot study- ACSICON 2013
- Keto Diet induced pruritic pigmented rash- DERMACON International 2019
Workshops, Conferences, CME, Quizzes
- DERMACON (Dermatology Conference), Chennai, India 2007
- IADVL- GSK quiz (Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists), Bangalore, India, 2007
- International Dermatopathology Symposium- St John’s, Bangalore, India- 2007
- CME (Continued Medical Education) on Leprosy updates- KMC, Mangalore, India 2007
- Fulford Post Graduate Clinics- Chennai, India 2008
- CUTICON KT Mangalore 2008
- HIV / AIDS Training programme Level I and II, Mangalore, India 2008
- DERMACON, Bangalore, India 2009
- Good Clinical Practice training, Mangalore, India 2009
- Certificate in Medical Education Technology, MCI recognised 2013
- Acsicon (Association of Cutaneous Surgeons) Cutaneous surgeon meet 2013
- Dr. Shireen is a member of Bangalore dermatology society (BDS), Indian association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL) and Association of cutaneous surgeons of India (ACSI).
- Eight publications in national and international journals
- Lipschutz ulcer- a case report. Furtado S Indian Journal of STD 2007:vol 28(2) 106-107
- Multiple nodules on the face and trunk in metastatic adenocarcinoma of unknown primary.-Furtado S, Bhat RM, Sukumar D, Krishnamurthy SG, Rao SD, Nandakishore B Singapore Med J 2011; 52(7) : e163
- Pyoderma gangrenosum: an Indian perspective. Bhat RM, Nandakishore B, Sequeira FF, Sukumar D, Kamath GH, Martis J, Furtado S. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2011 Apr;36(3):242-7
- Fatal leptomeningeal melanoma in neurocutaneous melanosis. Furtado S, Furtado SV ,Ghosal N, Hegde AS. Pediatr Dermatol. 2011 Sep 9. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1470.2011.01424.
- Bhat RM, Sequeira F, Furtado S. et al. Neonatal Dermatology: In.:Textbook of Pediatric Dermatology( Eds. Sachidanand S, Inamdar A) 15-25, 2010;MGrawHill, London
- Neurocutaneous spectrum of multiple endocrine neoplasia-1- Furtado S, GhosalN,FurtadoSV, Gupta K, Hegde AS.
- Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2012 Jan;78(1):93-6
- The clinical spectrum and antibiotic sensitivity patterns of staphylococcal pyodermas in the community and hospital.
- Furtado S, Bhat RM, Rekha B, Sukumar D, Kamath GH, Martis J, Nandakishore B .Indian J Dermatol 2014;59:143-50 Shireen, Furtado and A Sudhakar. “A Case of Isotretinoin Therapy-Refractory Folliculitis Decalvans Treated Successfully with Biosimilar Adalimumab (Exemptia)” International journal of trichology vol. 10,5 (2018): 240-241.
Dr. Indira is one of the best dermatologists is currently working as a Dermatologist at Aster Prime Hospital. She did her MD(DVL) from PGIMER, Chandigarh and is trained in Dermato-Surgery & Cosmetology at Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai & Behl Skin Institute, New Delhi.
Dr. Indira is associated with IADVL and CDSI. Dr. Indira is considered among the best skin specialist in Hyderabad with 24 years of experience in Dermatology.
Dr. Indira’s previously associated with Gandhi Medical College, Secundrabad as an assistant professor.
Dr. S.P. Vijayalakshmi has been working as a Dermatologist at Aster Prime hospital. She completed her MBBS from Osmania University, Hyderabad in October 1984.
Dr. S.P. Vijaylakshmi received her M.D. in Dermatology from NTR University of Health Science in the year 1996 with a Gold Medal.
- Indian Association of Dermatologists and Venereologists and Leprologists.
- Indian Medical Association
- Dr. S.P. Vijaylakshmi pursued her rotatory internship from December 1984 to December 1985 as Resident intern in internal medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, outpatient and Casualty Unit fever hospital for infectious diseases at Gandhi Hospital and affiliated hospitals under Osmania University.
- Clinical Assistant in Dermatology at Nizam’s Institute of medical sciences from 1st November 1997 to 31st March 2001.
- Dr. S.P. Vijaylakshmi was an honoured consultant Dermatologist at NIMS from 1st April 2001 – 8th April 2004.
- Assistant professor at the Department of Dermatology at NIMS from 21st April to 31st April.
Paper and Publications
- Presented a case report on Lichen Sclerosis ET Atrophicus – at IADVLL conference – state chapter at Osmania Medical College Hyderabad 1998.
- Presented a Case Report titled “Local Dermal Hypersensitivity to Dobutamine” at IADVLL, Andhra Pradesh state chapter conference 2004 held at Hyderabad.
- Dr. S.P. Vijayalakshmi delivered a lecture on Diabetes and Skin diseases at NIMS, organised by the Diabetic self-care foundation 2006.
- Presented a paper "Study of Etiology of viruses in Chronic Urticaria" from 2nd February to 5th February 2006 at 34th National Conference of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists, Hyderabad at DERMACON.
- Delivered a lecture on “Medical Management of Vitiligo” at APSICON 2006 the 41st annual meeting of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India from 20th November–24th November 2006, Hyderabad.
- Chaired a session on HIV and Skin diseases at the National CME on HIV, Hyderabad 2nd December 2006.
- Delivered a lecture on Diabetes and Skin diseases at NIMS, Organised by Diabetic self-care foundation in 2007 & 2008.
- Presented a paper titled "Psoriasis and Depression” on CUTICON AP Chapter held at Hyderabad, NOV 2008.
- Attended CoSderm India & European Society of cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology conference held at Hyderabad, August 2009.
- Attended Aesthetic LASER surgery Workshop held at Hyderabad 26th, June 2011.
- Presented a paper titled "Study of risk factors for cardiovascular disease in patients of Psoriasis" at Andhra Pradesh CUTICON November 2012 held at Hyderabad.
- Judge for poster presentation at AP CUTICON NOV 2012 held at Hyderabad.
- Completed a CME activity titled "Psoriasis an update on management strategies ": Jan 2012 in the journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Delegate for CME at Third Annual introductory Course on Primary Immunodeficiency disorders at NIMS on 19th Oct 2014.
- Attended a CME on "Photobiology, Photo Dermatoses & Sunscreens" at Hyderabad 9th November 2014.
- Attended as a delegate at Telangana CUTICON -2015 at Hyderabad on 12th & 13th December 2015.
- Attended as a delegate at 13th Annual conference of Association of Cutaneous surgeons at Kolkata 9th-11th April 2015.
- Attended as delegate DERMACON conference at Mangalore 12th -15th February 2015.
- Attended a CME on TSIADVL & SIG Tricology Hair Connect at Hyderabad on 21st June 2015.
- Attended A CME on "Management of Psoriasis -An Update" Conducted, Hyderabad, 9th August 2015.
- Participated in a workshop on Good Clinical Practice & Clinical Trials at ESIC Hyderabad 24th March 2018.
- Participated as faculty at Telangana CUTICON 10th & 11th Dec 2016 held at Hyderabad.
- Participated as Faculty at DERMAZONE South conference held at Hyderabad 16th- 18th Nov 2018.
- A case report on Lichen Sclerosis ET Atrophicus - an unusual presentation: in Clinical Proceedings of NIMS, July 1997.
- Published case report "Cutaneous Angiosarcoma presentation at an unusual Age". ln The clinical proceedings of Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences Vol 17 Number-3 Aug 2005.
- Published a paper "Quiz - Erythematous plaque over the face". ln Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, Leprology Nov-Dec 2006 Vol 72 ISSUE 6.