The Department of Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) at Aster Hospital specialises in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a full spectrum of ear, nose and throat disorders, as well as areas within the head and neck. Known for our excellent results and commitment to providing world-class care, we provide time-tested treatments and result-driven therapies for speech issues, cancers of the head and neck, balance issues, and even sleep and swallowing issues among others. Here, a multidisciplinary team consisting of skilled hearing therapists (audiologists) and nurses use state-of-the-art technology and work with you for the comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of a number of conditions. Our specialists are experts in performing a wide variety of simple to complex surgical and diagnostic procedures on patients ranging from newborns to the elderly so rest assured you will get the care you need.
We provide excellent care, right from diagnosis to the treatment and beyond at our world-class hospitals.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.
We provide comprehensive treatment for all types diseases under one roof. Our highly experienced doctors supported by especially trained clinical staff, ensure the best care for you.
Well equipped with the latest medical equipment, modern technology & infrastructure, Aster Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India.
Flexible fibre optic nasopharyngolaryngoscopy.
Microscopy of the ear/Foreign body removal.
Intratympanic gentamycin administration.
Myringotomy and Grommet insertion.
Cold caloric testing.
Ear piercing and ear lobe repair.
Cauterization for nasal bleed.
Our patients are our best advocates, hear the inspiring stories of their treatment journey
Dr. Mary completed MBBS from Kottayam Medical College and later M.S ENT and D.L.O from Kasturba Medical College -Manipal in 1991. She has had training in endoscopic nasal surgeries and head and neck oncology from KMC Manipal. Dr. Mary has extensive experience working in MOSC Medical College, Kolenchery-Kochi and as a consultant in baby memorial hospital-Calicut before joining here. Also, she completed her fellowship in palliative medicine from the Institute of Palliative medicine Kozhikkode. Currently, she is also heading the HOME CARE Programme in ASTER MIMS Calicut.
Dr Harish C is a Consultant in ENT at Ramesh Sanghamitra Hospitals. He completed his DLO from Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool and received his DNB from National Board of Examinations, Delhi. Dr Harish operates a wide range of surgeries including Endoscopic or Microscopic Myringotomy and Grommet insetion, Modified Radical Mastoidectomy, Adenoidectomy, Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Microlaryngeal Surgery, Emergency Tracheostomies.
An ENT Surgeon with more than 14 years of experience to his credit, Dr. Praveen Gopinath is an expert in all routine ENT surgeries and advanced endoscopic procedures including repair of CSF Rhinorrhoea, DCR, pituitary surgery and Encephalocele repair. Trained in India and Austria, his area of special interest in endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery.
- Active in various ENT associations
- Former Secretary, AOI, Cochin
- Former Secretary of the Social service wing of AOI Cochin – CSOM
- Active in various ENT associations Former Secretary
- Cochin Former Secretary of the Social service wing of AOI Cochin – CSOM
Dr. Vineeth Viswam is Consultant, Department of ENT. Specialising in Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, his areas of special interest are Endoscopic Sinus/ Skull Base Surgery. Trained in Head and neck Surgery and Cochlear Implant, he has experience in microscopic ear surgeries, micro laryngeal surgeries, Phonosurgeries, Paediatric airway surgeries, head & neck and Coablator laser assisted surgeries. He is former Associate Professor, Department of ENT at AIMS, Kochi
- Associate Professor, Department of ENT, AIMS, Kochi
- Senior Resident, Neuro Otology, SGPGI, Lucknow
- Assistant Professor, Department of ENT, Dr. SMCSI Medical College, Trivandrum
- Trained in advanced surgical procedures like Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Part of a Neurosurgical Team that has to its credit the largest series of endoscopic transnasal tranpheniod excision of pituitary tumours and endoscopic repair of CSF rhinorrea
- Involved in training of Undergraduate students
A Head and Neck Surgeon with more than 11 years of experience, Dr. Mayuri Rajapurkar specializes in surgical management of cancers that affect the mouth, throat, nasal passages, sinuses, voice box, salivary glands, thyroid gland and skin of the scalp, face and neck, with strong focus on optimising functional and aesthetic outcomes. Trained at some of the finest institutes in India and the United States, she is an expert in highly advanced procedures like Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS) and Transoral Laser Microsurgery (TLM).
- Oncologic surgery for the upper aero digestive tract (UADT) tumours
- Conservation Laryngeal Surgery, Laryngectomy - surgery for voice box tumours
- Lip, Cheek, Tongue, Palate and Jaw Tumours- Peroral resections, pull-through procedures that avoid/ minimise scars and improve functional & aesthetic outcomes, 3D reconstructions and computer aided cutting guides
- Management of orbital tumours
- Skull-base surgery for tumours of the paranasal sinuses, anterior skull-base and lateral skull-base
- Surgery for salivary gland tumours – parotid gland and submandibular gland, with intraoperative facial nerve monitoring
- Thyroid and parathyroid gland surgery
- Surgical management of vascular malformations of the scalp, face, neck and UADT
- Surgical management of cancers of the skin on the head, face & neck
- Local & regional methods for reconstructive surgery to optimise functional and aesthetic outcomes
- Free tissue transfer including reconstruction with the use of standard soft tissue and bone flaps
- Speech & swallowing rehabilitation with focus on optimizing functional outcomes for all head & neck tumours
- Post laryngectomy/alaryngeal speech rehabilitation: tracheo-esophageal punctures and valves/prosthesis
- UICC-ICRETT Fellowship, M D Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, USA
- Research: Role of ceramide synthases in oral carcinogenesis; Tobacco and betel-nut related oral lesions
- Six published research articles in peer reviewed journals.
A Speech & Language Pathologist with more than 10 years of experience, Dr. Maria Grace Treasa is an expert in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of communication disorders, especially in children. Trained in management of speech and hearing (both congenital and acquired) disorders, she excels in providing comprehensive treatment solutions for speech, language, fluency, social, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders. Her fields of special interest include management of paediatric speech-language disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Dr. Maria Grace heads the paediatric speech-language pathology division at Aster KIND.
- Lecturer in Speech - Language Pathology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Lecturer in Speech - Language Pathology, ICCONS, Shoranur.
- Invited Speaker at communication-related symposiums at several Pre-Schools/ Schools / Hospitals.
- Examiner at Amrita University and KUHS.
- External examiner for Manipal University.
- Gold medalist for MSc.
- Best Student Clinician Award 2007