Dr. Sarath Menon
Consultant - Neurology & Neuromuscular Specialist
A physician with more than a decade of cumulative experience in the fields of Neurology and General Medicine to his credit, Dr. Sarath Menon is an expert at managing diseases and disorders of the brain and central nervous system. He has trained at some of the finest institutes in India, the European Union (Netherlands), and the United Kingdom, and is among the handful of neurologists in the country who have board affiliations in all three regions. He focuses on treating peripheral nerve diseases and autonomic neurology disorders.
The recipient of multiple prestigious international travel fellowships from the International Society of Internal Medicine, Sweden; the World Federation of Neurology; and the Indian Academy of Neurology. Dr. Menon’s research work on autonomic neurology was presented at the World Congress of Neurology held in Kyoto, Japan, in 2017. Moreover, his diabetes research was accepted by the American Academy of Clinical Endocrinology and presented at ENDO 2015 – the annual conference of The Endocrine Society, USA – in San Diego.
The recipient of a Specialty Certificate in Neurology from the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom, he was one of the two Indians to present papers at the prestigious World Congress of Internal Medicine 2014 held in Seoul, Korea. His research articles have also been published in many peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Menon is a Fellow of the European Board of Neurology and has completed a Fellowship in Autonomic Neurology and Peripheral Nerve Disorders (PNS) from the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands & visiting clinical fellowship from King's College Hospital, London. He has been conferred with FRCP from all the three Royal Colleges of Physicians- Edinburgh, London and Glasgow. A Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in Neurology from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, he is also a Diplomate of the National Board (DNB) in Neurology and in Internal Medicine.He is also bestowed with prestigious Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology ( FAAN) & Fellow of the American Neurological Association (FANA). He has been awarded a full ride scholarship for Masters in Peripheral Nerve Disorders from University of Milan. He is currently Asian Ambassador of International Outreach Committee,Peripheral Nerve Society, USA.
He holds a Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Internal Medicine from Government Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Indore, and an MBBS from Government Medical College, Kottayam. Having started his career as a Rural Health Officer at the Community Health Centre in Alappuzha, Dr. Menon has served at multiple hospitals across Kerala and the UAE, before he joined Aster Medcity.
Awards and recognitions
- One of the few Neurologists in the region with board certification and training from India, European Union and United Kingdom.
- Recipient of International Travel Fellowships by International Society of Internal Medicine, Sweden and World Federation of Neurology.
- Conferred with FRCP from all three UK Royal Colleges of Physicians.
- Awarded Fellowships from American Academy of Neurology & American Neurological Association
- Asian Ambassador, Peripheral Nerve Society, USA ( International Outreach)
- Physician Advisory Board, Dysautonomia International, USA( only Indian)
- Research on ‘Endothelial Dysfunction In Diabetes’ accepted by the American Academy of Clinical Endocrinology and presented at ENDO 2015, San Diego, United States.
- One among the two Indians who presented at the prestigious World Congress of Internal Medicine 2014 held at Seoul, Korea.
- Research work on autonomic neurology presented at World Congress of Neurology 2017 at Kyoto, Japan.
- Member of review committee of ENDO conferences organized by Endocrine Society, United States and American Diabetes Association, in the field of diabetic neuropathy.
- Chairperson, Autonomic Neurology Symposium, Indian Academy of Neurology Conferences ( 2022 & 2023)
- Published research articles in peer reviewed journals.
- Recipient of prestigious Indian Academy of Neurology Travel Fellowship Award 2018.
- Recipient of Oustanding Achievement Award in Neurosciences from Kerala Association of Neurologists, 2022.