Rheumatology refers to the science that deals with the body's joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. A rheumatologist is trained to diagnose and treat musculoskeletal disease and systemic autoimmune conditions. Rheumatologist disorders may affect blood vessels, skin, nerves, and other organs. Although primarily associated with the elderly, rheumatic diseases have also begun to affect young individuals. The most common rheumatic disease affecting our population is rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition that affects the body's various joints. It leads to the formation of subcutaneous nodules, eye inflammation, lowering of white blood cells, and lung disease. Such conditions usually require consultation from more than one department. Without appropriate treatment, chronic pain, disability, and excess mortality are outcomes of the disease.
The rheumatology department provides a wide range of services to patients to diagnose and treat joint, bone, and connective tissue diseases. The department focuses on combining research and technology to provide comprehensive and individually-tailored treatment plans.
Why Aster Medcity for Rheumatology treatments in Kerala?
The doctors at Aster work in a team to provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for rheumatological disorders. Rheumatologists work closely with physicians and orthopaedicians in many specialties, depending on the nature of the disorder. Multidisciplinary teamwork helps ensure that you receive care that addresses your needs. At Aster along with Rheumatologists other orthopaedic specialities including foot and hand specialist are also available under one roof . At Aster, conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, spondyloarthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma and Myositis are treated effectively .
Aster hospital's division of rheumatology has a long history of exceptional care. The combination of clinical, research and education efforts usually helps ensure you receive the best possible rheumatological care.
Aster hospital is regarded as one of the best hospitals that offer the best arthritis treatment and care for all rheumatological conditions. Helmed by the best rheumatologists in the country, Aster hospital is recognized for its exceptional care, accurate diagnosis and management.
Advanced technology for Rheumatology treatments
There is a growing interest in using technology to improve patient care. A well-equipped laboratory for specialized investigations supports the rheumatology department at Aster. Spacious outpatient rooms and treatments help to ensure that patients are diagnosed and treated well. An investigation like a CT scan and ultrasonography helps to ensure an accurate diagnosis.
The following rheumatological services are provided at Aster hospital:
- Joint (intra-articular) and soft-tissue injections when required
- Nerve Blocks
- Artery Blocks
- Biopsies (muscle, skin & nerve biopsies) are advised when the diagnosis cannot be confirmed.
- Biologic therapy: Recent development in biological therapies has helped to improve the prognosis of several Autoimmune conditions
At Aster Medcity hospital, doctors specialize in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Degenerative arthritis: It is a condition in which the cartilage at the joints wears down.
- Inflammatory arthritis due to multiple causes : Certain infective conditions can cause pain and swelling of the joints like Rheumatoid arthritis .
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and other Connective tissue disorders : It is an autoimmune condition that can affect any part of the body. It usually leads to non-erosive arthritis.
- Metabolic bone disease: Certain metabolic conditions can lead to systemic involvement, leading to painful and brittle bones like osteomalacia, osteoporosis .
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain disorders like Fibromyalgia : Certain conditions can cause pain in the joints leading to stiffness and a decrease in dexterity.
- How to prepare for Rheumatological treatment?
Your rheumatologist will first assess your symptoms and look for joint swelling or other symptoms that may indicate a possible autoimmune condition. Further, blood tests may be recommended to confirm the diagnosis. Finally, imaging tests like chest X-rays, CT, and MRI scans are suggested to achieve a correct diagnosis and gain more insight into your condition.
An experienced rheumatologist can assess your condition and recommend appropriate steps to be taken to treat your condition. At Aster, some experienced rheumatologists can guide you and treat your symptoms efficiently.
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence-based treatment to ensure the best care for you.