The Department of Ortho Oncology at Aster MIMS Calicut is the only pepartment in North Kerala which exclusively deals with Bone and soft tissue tumours by a team of surgeons trained extensively in Orthopaedic Oncology. Providing Sarcoma patients with the best possible outcome through a multidisciplinary approach.
Scope of service
- Benign and Malignant Bone tumour Surgeries in Paediatric and Adults
- Soft tissues sarcomas involving Upper & Lower limbs and Axial skeleton.
- Paediatric ortho onco surgeries for Osteosarcoma & Ewings Sarcoma – Biological reconstruction & Expandable prosthesis
- Adult Complex limb salvage surgeries
- Biological bone reconstruction using allografts, recycled autograft (liquid nitrogen/ ECRT), free vascular grafts , Allograft Composite Prosthesis
- Image guided Biopsies for Bone and Soft tissue tumours
- Comprehensive management of Giant Cell tumour
- Metastatic work up and management
- 3D printed implants jigs
- Computer navigated tumour surgeries
- 3D reconstruction assisted surgeries
We have some of the best specialists from around the world, they bring years of experience and offer evidence based treatment to ensure the best care for you.