Dr. Abraham Mammen
Dr Mammen has completed MBBS and MS (General Surgery) from Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore and MCh. (Paediatric Surgery) from Institute of Maternal and Child Health, Calicut Medical College, Kerala with a gold medal in clinical surgery.
Dr Mammen worked as a Senior Consultant, Department of Paediatric and Neonatal Surgery, Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences, Calicut, Kerala and with M.O.S.C.M.M Hospital, Kolenchery, Kerala. He was Chief Surgical Registrar and Surgical Registrar Department of Paediatric General Surgery, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne Australia.
Areas of special interest are paediatric urology and reconstruction, neonatal surgery, minimally invasive surgery, antenatal guidance counselling and legal advice for healthcare workers. He is presently the Chief of Medical Staff and also heads the quality department at the best pediatric & neonatology hospital in Calicut - Aster MIMS
Paper and Publication
- "Sclerotherapy for esophageal varicies in children' Indian J Surg.
- " Pulmonary tropical esinophilia associated with hyper-globulinemia", Indian Paediatrics
- "Torsion and infarction of an extra lobar sequestration: a rare cause of hemorrhagic pleural effusion', Pediatr Surg Int,
- Cantrell's Pentalogy - the impact of antenatal diagnosis', Pediatr Surg Int,
- Laparoscopic adhesiolysis- initial experience" Pediatr Surg lnt.