Dr. Karthika K.V
Consultant - Pathology
Dr.Karthika K V completed her MBBS from IRT Medical College, Perundurai, Tamil Nadu, MD Pathology from Government Medical College, Kozhikode and also DM Hematopathology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Dr.Karthika K V worked as Senior Resident in the Department of Pathology, Government Medical College, Kozhikode. She is also Member of the Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (ISHBT).
- Coagulation Labortatory
- Hemolytic Labortatory
- Molecular Labortatory
- Reviewer of the Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (IJHBT)-Attended the 11th Annual TCS Flowcytometry Workshop at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in October 2018
- Served as resource person of the coagulation laboratory workshop at the 60th Hematocon meeting held at New Delhi in November 2019
- Part of the organising committee of the National Hematology Update IX convened at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in April 2018
- Attended a three day BD FACSOrient training on BD LSRII in December 2017
- Secured First Prize in the State Level ISHBT Quiz held at Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum in July 2014 and third prize in the South Zone Level Quiz held at Bangalore in September 2014
- Secured First Prize in the post-Hematology workshop Quiz held at Christian Medical College, Vellore held in August 2014
- Zonal quiz master for the ISHBT Zonal quiz held in October 2019
- Part of the organizing team of SAGE- Series of Amrita Guru E- lectures, an ongoing weekly webinar series.
- Haraprasad Pati, Karthika Kundil Veetil. Myelodysplastic syndrome- Myeloproliferative neoplasm overlap syndromes: molecular pathogenetic mechanisms and their implications. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2019. 35(1):3–11.
- Karthika K.V. Megaloblastic Anemia and Dual Nutritional Deficiency Anemia. In: Saxena, R, Pati, H.P (eds.) Hematopathology- advances in understanding. : Springer Singapore; c2019.
- Karthika K.V. Inherited bone marrow failure syndromes. In: Saxena, R, Pati, H.P (eds.) Hematopathology- advances in understanding. : Springer Singapore; c2019.
- Rohan Halder, Uday Kumar D. Sundaram, Karthika K. Veetil, Ashish Rath, Tulika Seth, Seema Tyagi & Hara P. Pati (2020) Concomitant Existence of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria in a Patient with Hb E (HBB: c.79G>A) Trait, Hemoglobin, 44:2, 134-136
- Juneja R, Veetil KK, Gupta G, Dange P, Pati H. An interesting story of a clone. Blood Res. 2020; 55(2):115- 117.
- Karthika K.V., Tripathi P., Pati H. and Saxena R. A peripheral smear finding beyond cells: Cryoglobulins in a case of Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma. J. Med. Dent. Sci. 2019; 8(2): 1709-1714.
- Tripathi P, Karthika KV, Pati HP, Tyagi S. Bernard Soulier syndrome; A rare bleeding disorder. Int J Med and Dent Sci 2018; 7(1):1642-1645.
- Chauhan R, Sazawal S, Singh K, Ragesh R Nair R, Chhikara S, Deka R, Chaubey R, Veetil KK, Dange P, Mahapatra M, Saxena R. Reversal of Glanzmann thrombasthenia platelet phenotype after imatinib treatment in a pediatric chronic myeloid leukemia patient. Platelets. 2018 Mar; 29(2):203-206.
- Veetil KK, Nileshwar RK. The validity of immunocytochemistry in differentiating between benign and malignant thyroid neoplasms preoperatively using FNAC. J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2017; 4(33), 1932-1936