Dr Bikash Sahu
Director- Transplant Services, Shock & ECMO, Lead Consultant- Cardiac Anaesthesia
Dr Bikash Sahu joined the Aster Ramesh group in 2022. He leads the Cardiac Anesthesia team and also heads the Department of Anesthesia. He has established advance heart failure management services such as ECMO and Shock programs and a JCI accredited Heart Transplant Program, a first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh, Before joining the Aster Ramesh group, Dr Sahu set up the Dept of Cardiac Anesthesia and Critical Care and pioneered the setting up of Pune’s first Heart Transplant ICU where his team managed end stage heart failure cases with interventions such as ECMO,VAD and 30 heart transplants, Dr Sahu has a keen interest in academics and is an accredited faculty and examiner in Cardiac Anesthesia. He has started the fellowship in Cardiac Anesthesia at the Aster Ramesh Group and serves as the Dean Academics, at the Aster Ramesh group, Dr Sahu is a DM in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia from AIIMS, New Delhi and is trained in ECMO by the Simulation society and at The Alfred, Melbourne, Australia. He is also an alumni of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute. He completed his MBA in Healthcare Management from Indian School of Business. He has managed over 10,000 cases including adult, paediatric and neonatal cardiothoracic and vascular surgical cases.
- Cardiac Anaesthesia & Cardiac Intensive Care
- Heart Transplant
- ECMO & Shock
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- International Judges Award at 2022
- Business School Alliance for Health Management
- Conferred the Goa Scholar by the Government of Goa
- Gold Medal/ University topper at post-graduate examinations
- Conferred Degree of MNAMS by the National Board for academic achievements.