Dr. P Ramesh Babu
Dr. P Ramesh Babu is the Chief Cardiologist and Managing Director of Ramesh Hospitals. He completed his MBBS from Guntur Medical College and persued his MD and DM at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
He has the distinction of being nominated recently as Member of the policy making body for National Board for Examinations, New Delhi NBE for DNB Programme in Cardiology.
He has performed 97422 Coronary Angiographic Procedures including 17531 Percutaneous Coronary Interventions Angioplasty
Dr. Ramesh has a life goal of providing quality healthcare not only to the people living in cities but also to people living in semi urban and rural areas by making the services of the specialists and state-of-the-art equipment available to them.
- MBBS in Guntur Medical College (1980)
- MD-General Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi (1984)
- DM –Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi (1988)
- Junior resident, Internal Medicine in AIIMS, New Delhi
- Senior Resident Cardiologist in AIIMS, New Delhi
- Established 1st Cardiac centre with ICCU in Vijayawada in 1988.
- The very first advanced Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Cath-Lab) in the Coromandel coast spanning from Kolkata to Chennai in 1996, inaugurated by the then President of India, His Excellency, DrShankar Dayal Sharma.
- Diversified into Multispecialty Services in the year 2008.
- Established 50 bedded first branch Hospital in 2011 in Vijayawada, with 256 slice iCT scanner, the first of its kind in AP & Telangana.
- Established 350 bedded Multi Super Specialty Hospital, a green project in Guntur in the year 2015, inaugurated by His Excellency Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, Former President of India.
- 1st place in AP State Medical PG Entrance Examination
- 1st place in DM Entrance Examination of AIIMS, New Delhi
- Has the distinction of being nominated recently (2019) as Member of the policy making body for National Board for Examinations, New Delhi (NBE) for DNB Programme in Cardiology.
- Treated more than 8 lakh patients, and the numbers are still growing.
- Conducted 97422 Coronary AngiographicProcedures including 17531 Percutaneous Coronary Interventions Angioplasty/Stents).
- 2226 Primary PCIs (Angioplasty/Stent Procedures in Acute Heart Attack scenario).
- More than 20,000 Cardiac Surgeries with 99% success rate.
- Established 24 Telemedicine centers in the Mandal and Rural areas to diagnose and treat life threatening Acute Heart Attacks and Brain strokes within the Golden window period.
- Participated in 20 International Randomized, Multi-centric Clinical Research trials approved by the USFDA. Many such molecules are currently in use worldwide.
- Received Dr K Sharan Award for Excellence in Cardiology,instituted by theIndian Medical Association (2012).
- Fellow of the Society for Cardio Vascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI).