Dr. Mahesh Chikkachannappa
Dr. Mahesh Channapppa has 23 years of experience in the wide spectrum of surgical fields. At Aster CMI Hebbal he is the Senior Consultant and Professor in General, Gastrointestinal, Laser Proctology, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery. He was former Senior Consultant Surgeon at Columbia Asia Hospital Hebbal, Bangalore. He also served as a consultant in General Surgery at Mallya hospital for 3 years, He has worked in the United Kingdom for nearly 4 years. He is a member of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI). Where he underwent training in General Surgery, Urology, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Trauma and Emergency. He has worked in proctology, colorectal and breast units in the UK.
Dr. Mahesh Channappa excels in, Upper GI, Colorectal, Vascular surgical, Laparoscopic Surgeries and his expertise are in performing routine and challenging surgical procedures. His areas of interest are complex hernia repair, complex laparoscopic gall bladder surgeries , small bowel and colon surgeries, Fundoplication for Reflux disorder, Bariatric and metabolic surgeries, and Laser proctology for Haemorrhoids, Fistulas and Anal fissures.
He is a academician and is presently Professor and Mentor for Post graduates in General Surgery at AsterCMI hospital Bangalore.
He is a good team leader and has acquired his MBA in Hospital Management recently.
- Upper GI
- Gall bladder, small bowel & Colorectal
- Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Routine & challenging surgical procedures
- He has successively performed single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomies and Sleeve gastrostomies
- He is an active participant in various academic and promotional activities and has presented papers as well as talks in local surgical society bodies both in India and Abroad.
- He had won an award for many of speeches on various surgery topics.
- Has attended several Conferences both in India and UK to keep his knowledge upto date.