Dr. Parimala V Thirumalesh
Sr. Consultant - Neonatology & Paediatrics
Dr. Parimala V Thirumalesh has rich experience of 20 years post-MD and has trained extensively both in India and UK in Neonatology and Pediatrics. Dr. Parimala has trained extensively in Paediatrics from Command Hospital Air force India and in Neonatology from St Michaels and Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK which are the largest referral hospitals for Neonatal surgical and medical emergencies in UK.
Her area of special interest is to make tertiary level neonatal care affordable. She is certified as an NLS (New-born Life Support) provider from Birmingham UK, APLS (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) from Southampton Hospital, UK, BLS (Basic Life Support) from Newham UK and is certified in Neonatal cranial ultrasound course from Bristol UK.
Dr. Parimala is undertaking two research projects currently at Aster. She is in the process of developing an app to provide first aid for babies, which has been shortlisted for Smart fifty innovative solutions towards better India. She is pioneering efforts to make tertiary neonatal care affordable and reachable to everyone and to provide holistic support to all children in terms of addressing all their issues, be it physical, mental or social. She was working at Cauvery medical centre in India before joining Aster.
Dr. Parimala has the CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) Southwest London rotation training in Paediatrics and Neonatology from UK and completed her MRCPCH from Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK.
Providing advanced life support measures such as
- Advanced ventilation
- High-frequency oscillation
- Inhaled Nitric oxide therapy
- University Gold medalist in MBBS
- University third rank in MD Paediatrics
- NLS (Newborn Life Support) provider from
- APLS (Advanced Paediatric Life Support) from Southampton Hospital, UK
- BLS (Basic Life Support) from Newham UK
- Neonatal cranial ultrasound course from Bristol UK
- Trainer for NEST (Neonatal Emergency Simulation Training) course for practicing Paediatricians
- In the process of developing an app to provide first aid for babies which has been shortlisted for Smart fifty innovative solutions towards better India
- AHA (American Heart Association) certified NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) instructor and PALS (Paediatric Advanced Life Support) instructor
- Author of Amazon number one best seller book in the Paediatric category, "Baby 101 - learn A to Z about your baby and how to help at every step"
- Founder of "savebabycpr" app - an android app available at google play store to help provide first aid life support by parents and caregivers to their newborn babies in the event of a life-threatening emergency.
- Member of IAP (Indian Academy of Pediatrics)
- Member of NNF (National Neonatology Forum)
- Member of Royal College