Dr. Swati Rajagopal
Consultant - Infectious Disease & Travel Medicine
Dr. Swati Rajagopal is a Consultant in Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine at Aster CMI Hospital. Her qualifications are MBBS, MD(Med), MMed, PGDIP.
Dr. Swati completed her primary medical training at MS Ramaiah Medical College, affiliated to the Bangalore University followed by post-graduate training in Internal Medicine and specialist training in Infectious Diseases at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, affiliated to The University of Sydney. Dr. Rajagopal went on to pursue her specialist training in tropical diseases and Travel Medicine at The London School of Hygiene and tropical medicine, affiliated to the University of London. She also holds an Infection Control Fellow certificate from the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America and Infectious Disease Society of America.
- As a Consultant in Infectious Diseases, HIV & Tropical Medicine and clinical advisor to the Infection control and antibiotic stewardship program at Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore Prior to her appointment at Aster CMI hospital Bangalore, she worked as an Infectious disease physician and chairperson – Infection control for the Columbia Asia Group of Hospitals.
- She is a member of the Infectious Disease Society of America, Royal Australasian College Of Physicians, International Society of Travel Medicine and Aster CMI Infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship program.
- Influenza (Incl SARS, MERS, Avian Flu and Metapneumovirus, Chapter: 65: API Textbook of Internal medicine:11th edition.
- Antibiotic resistance: Health action: 2018.
- Infectious diseases and Global Health : IISC: 28th Jan 2020.
- Adult vaccination : 3rd Manipal International Infectious Diseases Conference 2019.
- Management of resistant gram positive infections: 3rd Manipal International Infectious Diseases Conference 2019.
- ESKAPE organisms: Center of Infectious diseases-Infosys symposium: IISC: 21st December 2019.
- Clinical Infectious Disease Society of India [ CIDSCON 2019] Kochi: Managing ADR with ATT: 25th August 2019.
- Clinical Infectious Disease Society of India [ CIDSCON 2014] Bangalore: Infection control workshop: Difficult cases in Infection Control: 22nd august 2014.
- Clinical Infectious Disease Society of India [ CIDSCON 2012]Chennai: Approach to bone and joint infections: 25th August 2012.
- "Year in review "- BCG: Bangalore: 2015.
- Meet the expert in infection control Infection control prevention program: IPCC: Faculty 2015.
- Controversies In infection Control: IPCC: Wockhardt hospitals: Faculty 2016.
- Infection control issues in clinical practice: IPCC Wokhardt Hospitals: Faculty 2017.
- Role of Vaccines in infection Control: IPCC: Wockhardt hospitals: Faculty: 2018.
- Specialises in adult infectious diseases and vaccination programs for adults.
- Her clinical interests include antibiotic management in post-surgical and post- transplant patients, skin and soft tissue infections, bone and joint infections and HIV associated infections.
- Dr Swati’s main research interests include understanding antimicrobial resistance mechanisms, surveillance and control of health care associated infections.