Dr. Vikram Kekatpure
Dr. Vikram Kekatpure is a senior consultant of head and neck surgical oncology at Aster CMI Hospital with 2 decades of experience in head and neck surgical oncology, post ablative reconstructive surgery, He completed his MBBS and MS from Nagpur University and MCh (head and neck surgery) from Amrita Institute of medical sciences Kochi. He further received fellowship training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York. He has done dedicated cancer research at the Weill Medical College of the Cornell University, New York City.
He is focused on management of oral cancer particularly advanced and recurrent tumors, laryngeal cancer and rehabilitation, management of thyroid and parathyroid disease, skull base tumors, salivary tumors. He has a special interest in head and neck reconstruction and rehabilitation. He is passionate about tobacco cessation, early detection, and prevention of head and neck cancer. His research interests include tobacco carcinogenesis and tumor metastasis.
He has worked as a senior consultant and head of head and neck oncology at Mazumdar Shaw cancer center, Narayana health and Cytecare cancer hospital Bangalore, before joining Aster CMI. He holds leadership positions in various national and international academic societies. He currently serves as the national secretary of the foundation for head and neck oncology, association of head and neck oncologists in India. He is an executive member of the head and neck cooperative oncology group, member of the American association of cancer research, AO foundation, and Indian association of cancer research.
- Oral cancer, nasal, paranasal and skull base tumors.
- Laryngeal cancer and voice rehabilitation.
- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases.
- Advanced and recurrent head and neck cancers.
- Microvascular and Image-guided reconstruction and rehabilitation
- Scholar in Training award of American Association of Cancer Research. 2007
- Best Research paper award, Foundation of head and neck oncology in India, 2007.
- Fellowship Australia Asia Pacific clinical oncology development workshop 2008.
- AO CMF fellowship (2012)
- Foundation for head and neck oncology
- American association of cancer research
- Indian association of surgical oncology
- Indian Association of cancer research
- Head and Neck cooperative research group