Dr. Praveen Sreekumar
An Interventional Cardiologist with extensive training in advanced electrophysiology procedures, Dr. Praveen Sreekumar’s areas of interest lie in complex angioplasties, and adult and paediatric electrophysiology studies. A Member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCP), he is an alumnus of Government Medical College, Thrissur from where he has earned an MBBS and a Doctor of Medicine (MD) in General Medicine. He has also completed a Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology and a Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in Cardiology from Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore. He joined the Centre of Excellence in Cardiac Sciences at Aster Medcity with a vision to set up a dedicated facility for paediatric electrophysiology studies – the first of its kind in the region. Before this, he has served as a Consultant at Heart Hospital, Thrissur, and at Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Plans to set up Paediatric EP studies, the first-of-its-kind in the region
- Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Heart Hospital, Thrissur
- Fellow in Electrophysiology, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore
- Associate Consultant, Cardiology, KIMS, Thiruvananthapuram
- Senior Resident, Cardiology, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore
- Tutor, Cardiology, St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore