Dr. Rahul P Vijayakumar
Consultant - Opthalmology
A distinguished ophthalmologist with a strong foundation from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. He is an expert in the management of cataract and other anterior segment diseases, Vitreoretinal and uveal diseases especially Diabetic retinopathy and uveitis, glaucoma, and ocular trauma. He formerly worked as a Senior Resident in Ophthalmology at Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences. He has experience in teaching MBBS and Optometry students.
His exceptional performance in the UPSC Combined Medical Service Examination, he was selected as a General Duty Medical Officer in the Central Health Services.Additionally, he served as a Junior Resident at Government Medical College, Idukki.
- Topical/ local phacoemulsification with implantation of IOL.
- SICS with implantation of IOL
- Extra-capsular cataract extraction surgery.
- Intralenticular lens aspiration surgery.
- Complicated cases of cataract with subluxation, posterior polar, small pupil, hard nucleus, etc.
- Experienced in repair of traumatic lacerations of eye including corneal and scleral perforation and globe rupture repair.
- Iridodyalysis repair.
- Cyanoacrylate glue with BCL
- Anterior segment foreign body removal and lens aspiration surgeries.
- Anterior Vitrectomy
- Lid laceration repair with or without mini-monoka stenting
- Proficient in removal of Pterygium with conjunctival autografting with sutures/fibrin glue.
- Corneal collagen cross-linking including accelerated cross-linking.
- Chalazion I&C
- Enucleation and Eviseration
- Intravitreal and intracameral injections and posterior subtenon injection.
- Retinal Lasers
- Yag Peripheral iridotomy
- Nd-Yag capsulotomy
- Nd-Yag vitreolysis
- Corneal tattooing
- EDTA Chelation therapy
- Selected as General Duty Medical Officer in Central Health Service CMSE.