Dr. Santhosh Kumar N
Consultant - Head and Neck Surgical Oncology
Dr. Santhosh is a highly experienced Head and Neck Surgeon with over 8 years of experience in treating and performing surgeries for head and neck cancer. He joined ASTER MEDCITY in June, 2023, after previously working at prestigious institutions such as the Regional Cancer Centre in Thiruvananthapuram, Malabar Cancer Centre in Thalasserry, Aster MIMS in Kottakkal and MVR cancer centre, Kozhikkode.
Dr. Santhosh has received extensive training in Head and Neck cancer surgery and treatment from top institutions such as JIPMER and the Regional Cancer Centre in Thiruvananthapuram. He is also trained in advanced procedures using CO2 laser from the University of Tubigen in Germany. With more than 2000 thyroid surgeries under his belt, he has significant experience in managing thyroid cancer. He also has a special interest in head and neck reconstruction, oral cancer, and laryngeal/hypopharyngeal cancer surgeries.
Dr. Santhosh's academic contributions are also noteworthy. He has published 20 medical articles in various international/national medical journals and presented more than 15 research papers in various national/international conferences. His diverse experiences and expertise make him a valuable asset to Aster Medcity and a trusted healthcare provider for patients seeking treatment for head and neck cancer.
Apart from his medical expertise, Dr. Santhosh is an accomplished writer and has published a book titled "Iruvazhinjippuzhayude Karayil". He has also written articles on cancer and cancer awareness for leading health magazines published in Malayalam. In 2023, he served as the editor for the magazine "MVR Cancer Arogyam". In addition to his writing skills, Dr. Santhosh is also a scriptwriter and director, having created the critically acclaimed short film "Kamarunnisa", which won a special jury award in memory of Malayalam actor Nedumudi Venu.
- Thyroid cancer
- Laryngeal & hypopharyngeal cancer
- Oral cancer surgeries
- Authored a book titled “Iruvazhinjippuzhayude karayil” . ISBN 978-93-92936-21-0
- Authored a chapter titled “Thyroid cancer” in the book named “Ariyam rogangale” Published by Kerala Sasthra Sahithya Parishath. ISBN978-81-954846-4-5.
- Authored a chapter titled “Head and Neck Cancer” in “ Mathrubhoomi aarogya masika”, February edition, 2022.
- Autored a chapter titled “Thyroid cancer” in “Nammude aarogyam” by IMA , February edition, 2022.
- Scripted & Directed a short movie “kamarunneesa”; story of a breast cancer survivor, that won special jury award in the Late actor Shri Nedumudi Venu