Dr. Faheem Ahmed Abdulla
After completing his MBBS, he pursued his Masters in General Surgery from the renowned Kozhikode Govt. Medical College and later was accredited with the Diploma of the National Board in General Surgery. For pursuing his interest in Surgical Oncology, he underwent his superspecialist training, completing his MCh in Surgical Oncology from the prestigious Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram. He was later accredited with the Doctorate of the National Board in Surgical Oncology.
He has also undergone an observership in Thoracic Oncology from the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. He is trained in Laparoscopic Surgery and his special areas of interest include sarcomas, colorectal cancer and HIPEC. Having undergone training in the prominent cancer institutions in Kerala and India, he joins ASTER MIMS, Calicut with more than 4 years of experience in his field.
- Thoracic Oncology
- Breast Oncology
- Gynaecological Oncology
- Gastro-intestinal oncology
- Peritoneal Surface Malignancies
- Was awarded the prestigious Dr Thomas Cherian Memorial Golden Scalpel award for best outgoing MCh surgical oncology resident from Regional Cancer Centre,Thiruvananthapuram.
- Was awarded best surgery post-graduate in the Young Scholar Award South Zone competition and subsequently the 2nd prize as best surgery post-graduate in National level competition.
- Won 1st prize in National Surgical Oncology Quiz competition conducted during IASO NATCON in 2018, 2019 and 2021.
- Won best free paper presentation during IASO NATCON 2019 at Kolkata.
- Won 2nd prize in MVR CANCON 2019 Oncology Quiz competition.
- Selected to present research work at International Conference on Surgical Cancer Care-SSO 2020 at Boston, USA in 2020.
- Awarded the Baroda – GCRI IASO Minimal Invasive Surgery Travelling Fellowship, 2021.
- Has Multiple publications in national and international journals.
- Senior Resident in Dept. of Surgical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
- Senior Resident in Dept. of Surgical Oncology, Malabar Cancer Centre, Thalassery, Kannur