Dr. Madhu K
Director - Pulmonology (Aster MIMS Cluster)
Dr. Madhu K completed his MBBS from Govt Medical College Calicut, MD TB & Respiratory Diseases, Madras Medical College, The M.G.R Medical University, DNB Respiratory Medicine, National Board of Examinations. Dr. Madhu was the first Pulmonologist to set up a fully equipped Interventional Pulmonology Department with advanced Bronchoscopies including Endobronchial Ultrasound, Medical Thoracoscopies, and Pediatric Bronchoscopies in the Malabar region. He has received extensive training in all pulmonary interventions from India and abroad. His strength is in diagnosing complex pulmonary diseases.
- All Pulmonary Interventions like Bronchoscopy
- Sleep study
- Allergy test
- Dr M Santhosham Memorial Endowment Gold Medal in TB & Respiratory Disease.
- Prof. K.V Krishnaswami gold medal in MD TB and Respiratory Disease
- Lupin Gold Medal in MD TB & Respiratory Diseases
- 20 years of expertise in managing various Adult and Pediatric Pulmonary disorders, Allergies, and Sleep Apnoea.
- He worked as Senior Consultant & Head Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine, Meitra Hospital, Calicut.
- He was one of the front liners in establishing the Department of Pulmonology at Aster MIMS Calicut and served the department for 13 years.
- He also served in Kerala Health Service as Assistant Surgeon from 2000-2004.