Dr. Arun Chandrasekharan
A Medical Oncologist at one of the best medical oncology hospital in Calicut with over 5 years of experience, he has trained in various central institutes all over India and completed his advanced training in oncology from the esteemed Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
His areas of expertise range from all types of solid tumors to leukemias and lymphomas. He has published over 30 papers in international journals especially in the field of lung cancer, head and neck cancer, and sarcomas.
He is well versed in the latest advancements in cancer like immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and precision medicine. His special areas of interest include sarcomas, lung cancer, and head and neck cancer.
- Over 36 publications in various peer reviewed international and national journals, especially in head and neck, lung and soft tissue cancers
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) - Asia travel grant for ESMO Asia held in Singapore 2015
- Best oral paper in the sub category - bone and soft tissue in Indian society of medical and pediatric oncology ISO conference 2015, Mumbai
- Winner of Indian Cancer Society's CK Handoo Research Award for third best abstract in ISMPO ISO 2015, Mumbai
- Developing Nations award winner. 17th International Association for Study of Lung Cancer, World Conference on Lung Cancer, Vienna, 2016. Abstract: Rebiopsy Post Progression in EGFR Mutated Lung Cancer
- Best poster - Salvage surgery in head and neck cancers: Does it improve outcomes? UAE Cancer Congress 2018
- Oral platform presentation in ESMO ASIA, Singapore 2018: Low dose versus standard dose Gemcitabine in advanced squamous lung cancer
- Educational grant for the Prostate Cancer Preceptorship held by ESMO in Singapore 2018
- Trained and worked in the field of oncology for 4 years from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai which is Asia’s largest comprehensive cancer care center catering to over 50,000 new cancer patients a year
- Trained extensively in the management of solid as well as hematological cancers like lung cancer, gastro intestinal cancer, breast cancer, gynecological cancers, head and neck cancer, soft tissue sarcomas, leukemia, and lymphomas
- Special training in bone marrow transplantation (both autologous and allogenic) and management of pediatric cancers
- Specialized training in the administration of immunotherapy and targeted therapy
- Special interest in lung cancer, breast cancer, head, and neck cancer, and sarcomas
- Specialist registrar in medical oncology - Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Specialist registrar in medical oncology - Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital, Punjab
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology
- Member of Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology