Dr. Binil Salam M A
Consultant - Interventional Pulmonology
Dr Binil Salam, one among the few accomplished Interventional Pulmonologist in the state, is a valuable member of our team. With advanced training in pulmonary procedures and vast experience in acute and chronic lung disorders, he has a proven track record of delivering excellent patient care.
Dr Binil Salam completed his MD degree in Respiratory Medicine from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi. He then pursued Interventional Pulmonology fellowship from esteemed International and national Institutes.
He is specialized in advanced minimally invasive Pulmonary procedures like rigid Bronchoscopy, airway stenting and tumor ablation, endoscopic strictureplasty, cryo ablation and navigation bronchoscopy. He is European Respiratory Society [ERS] certified in Endobronchial ultrasonography [EBUS].
He headed the Interventional Pulmonology Unit at MVR Cancer centre, Calicut, for 4 years before joining Aster MIMS family.
- Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Advanced therapeutic Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided biopsy (EBUS)
- Rigid Bronchoscopy: Tracheobronchial stenosis repair, airway stenting, tumour debulking and foreign body removal
- Competent in using APC, Cryo, electrocautery and laser for various endobronchial procedures
- Medical Thoracoscopy: Flexible and rigid
- Ultrasound guided pleural procedures