Dr. P Raja Prasad
Dr. Raja Prasad P is a lead Gastroenterologist at Aster Prime, Hyderabad, Ameerpet.
Prior to joining Aster Prime, he has worked at various hospitals including Omni Hospital, Aware Global Hospital, KIMS Hospital, NIMS, and St. Johns Hospital. He has more than a decade of experience in the field of GI Surgeries.
Dr. Raja Prasad specializes in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeries, Shunt Surgery for Portal Hypertension, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries, Colorectal Surgeries and Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy, Bariatric Surgery (Weight loss surgery), Laser procedure for piles, fistula, and fissure, etc.
Dr. Raja Prasad has published articles on various topics.
Dr. Raja Prasad P has completed his M.B.B.S. from St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore in 1999. Further, he completed his M.S. General Surgery from St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore in 2005 and DNB - General Surgery from National Board of Examination, New Delhi, in 2005.
Dr. Raja Prasad P also completed his fellowship - Surgical Gastroenterology from Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad in 2007.
He finished his Diploma Laparoscopic surgery from IRCAD, France in 2018.
Dr. Raja Prasad P started his career as a Resident Medical Officer at St. Ann’s Hospital, Visakhapatnam between Oct.2000 to Feb 2002.
He joined St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore as Senior House Officer (Junior Resident) in the Department of Nephrology between Feb 2002 - Aug 2002.
In August 2002 he joined St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore as a Post Graduate Junior Resident in the Department of General Surgery. After PG Residentship he joined Nizam’s Institute Of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad as an Observer in the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology from Nov 2005 to Feb 2006.
Dr. Raja Prasad pursued Fellowship in Surgical Gastroenterology(FSGE) at Nizam’s Institute Of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad from Feb 2006 to Feb 2007 and as a Senior Resident in the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology from Mar 2007 to Mar 2010.
Dr. Raja Prasad worked as a freelance GI Surgeon from Mar 2010 to Oct 2010. Later he joined Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Narketpally as an Assistant Professor in the Department of General Surgery from Aug 2010 - May 2012.
He started working as a Consultant Laparoscopic & GI surgeon in the Department of General & GI Surgery at Kamineni Hospitals, L.B. Nagar Hyderabad from Oct 2010 - June 2012.
He joined Aware Global Hospitals in June 2012 and worked as a Consultant Laparoscopic & GI Surgeon in the Department of GI & Minimal Access surgery till May 2017.
Dr. Raja Prasad worked as a Consultant Laparoscopic & GI and General Surgeon at Omni Hospitals, Kukatpally from May 2017 in the Department of General, GI and Laparoscopic Surgeon till Jan 2020.
Currently, Dr. Raja Prasad is working as a Senior Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist at Aster Prime Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Basic Trauma Life Support - Advanced Course in June 2005 Certified by American Heart Association.
- International MIPH Masters’ Program – Aug 2007 Faculty Development Program, Hyderabad.
- Fellowship – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons June 2012 Indian Association Of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons.
- R.Prasad, Sayee R., S.Janikiram and I.M. Thomas, Sexing of Scapula J. Anat. Sciences, 15(1):11-14, June 1996.
- Sarojini David, Annie V. Abraham, Raja Prasad P, Bobby Joseph, Sayee Rajangam: Effect Of Consanguinity on the outcome of pregnancy. Journal of Human Ecology Vol 13, No. 5, pp. 375-378, 2002."
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeries
- Shunt Surgery for Portal Hypertension
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Colorectal Surgeries and Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy
- Bariatric Surgery (Weight loss surgery)
- Laser procedure for piles, fistula, and fissure, etc.