Dr. Divakar Bhat
Consultant - CTVS Surgery
Dr. Divakar Bhat is among the nation's renowned Cardiovascular and Vascular surgeons. Possessing rich experience in the field, Dr. Bhat is an enthusiastic doctor who has made a mark for himself in the field. Highly skilled in his field, Dr. Bhat is an excellent team player and a perfect leader when it comes to heading the department.
Dr. Divakar Bhat earned his degree of M.Ch (CTVS) in the year 2001 from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education, Chandigarh, India. He also secured an M.S (General Surgery) degree from Government Medical College, Mysore, India between the years 1993 and 1996. He did his MBBS from the Karnataka Medical College, Hubli, India. The best aspect of his education journey has been that he passed all his examinations on the first attempt only. He also pursued his fellowship in CTVS and Transplant Surgery for two years at St Vincent Hospital, Sydney.
- He specialises in adult cardiac surgery.
- He has an interest in congenital, vascular, and thoracic surgeries.
- He also has a special interest in heart transplantation as well as Total artificial heart.
- Beating Heart CABG
- Heart valve replacement/ repair
- Paediatric heart operations
- He earned a national merit scholarship during his higher secondary classes, X, XII, and even during his MBBS course.
- He also received diverse Merit scholarships during his MBBS course from various prestigious charitable trusts.
- He also received NCCI Travelling fellowship in 1999.
- He also got a chance to visit "Madras Medical Mission - Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences", Chennai, India.