Dr. Basavaraj S Kumbar
Consultant- Internal medicine
Dr. Basavaraj s Kumbar is a Consultant in Internal Medicine (General Medicine) working at Aster Whitefield with vast experience in the field of internal medicine. He studied his MBBS from Karnataka Institute of medical sciences Hubli, (Govt. Medical College), RGUHS University, Bangalore. He did his MD INTERNAL MEDICINE from Dr. M. G. R. Medical University, Chennai (Govt. Medical College), University of Tamilnadu.
He underwent training in different departments during his tenure in MD INTERNAL MEDICINE. He is also a member of the Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India. He also holds a postgraduate diploma in advanced diabetes care and comorbidities from the Royal College of Physicians, UK; along with a PG Diploma in Advance cardiology and ECG Royal College of Physicians, UK.
He worked in the Internal medicine department at different hospitals in India. He worked as an Assistant professor at SRM Medical College Chennai. He was also associated with Fortis Hospital, Vadapalani, HCl health care Chennai, Be Well Hospital Chennai, and Seventh-day Adventist Hospital Ottapalm, Palakkad Kerala.
He has vast experience in treating all Acute, Chronic, and Infectious Diseases.
- Internal Medicine.
- Diabetes and comorbidities.
- Research society for the study of diabetes in India.
Poster and paper presentation
- Presented paper presentation at the national level APICON at Kochi in 2019.
- Poster presentation at SRM University Chennai.
- Development of dementia screening instrument for Tamil-speaking patients to adapt translate and develop the normative value of ace (modified added Brokes cognitive examination).
- Karnataka Medical Council.
- Tamilnadu Medical Council.
- Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (rssdi).