Dr. Dheeraj Shyam V N
Consultant - Intervention Radiology
Dr. Dheeraj Shyam is a Consultant in “Vascular and Interventional Radiology” with over 5 years of experience. He completed his MBBS from the prestigious Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute (BMCRI). He later pursued his MD in Radiology from JJM Medical College and was a RGUHS (Rajiv Gandhi University) ranker in MD Radiology.
He developed an interest in Interventional Radiology and completed his Fellowship in “Vascular and Interventional Radiology” from Sakra World Hospitals, Bangalore. He has been working as an Associate Consultant in Intervention Radiology at Manipal Hospitals, Old airport Road Bangalore for the past few years. As a part of the IR team, Dr. Dheeraj managed a wide spectrum of Oncology, Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary, Nephrology, Urology, Vascular, Pulmonary, Gynecological, and Transplant interventions.
He is very academically oriented and has presented many proffered papers in multiple national and state Intervention radiology and Radiology conferences. Dr. Dheeraj is known for his patient-focused approach, excellent communication skills, and thrives in a team environment.
- Associate Consultant in Manipal Hospitals, Old Airport Bangalore.
- Senior Resident at ESI Medical College, Rajajinagar, Bangalore.
- Interventional Oncology- Ultrasound guided and CT-guided biopsies. Breast biopsies and Interventions. Microwave and Radiofrequency ablations. Trans arterial Chemo embolizations (TACE) and Trans Arterial Radioembolizations (TARE) for HCC.
- Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary interventions- Transjugular liver Biopsies(TJLB) , TIPSS, Percutaneous biliary drainages, BRTO, PARTO, Portal vein embolizations, TACE , TARE, Percutaneous cholecystostomy, Liver abscess drainage.
- Venous interventions- Varicose Vein management – Laser, Microwave and VENASEAL. DVT management including Catheter-directed thrombolysis, PENUMBRA, and IVC filter placement.
- Arterial interventions- Peripheral angioplasty and stenting, AVM embolizations
- Transplant interventions- Biopsies , Post-transplant drains , Vascular stenting, and management.
- Nephrology and Urological interventions- Dialysis access, Permcath insertions, Fistuloplasty and thrombolysis, Central venoplasty, Renal and TRUS guided prostate biopsies, PCN and DJ stentings, Renal artery stenting and embolization. Prostate artery embolization.
- Pulmonary interventions- USG and CT guided Biopsies and Drainages, Bronchial artery embolizations, Pulmonary AVM embolizations.
- Gynecological interventions- Uterine fibroid embolizations, Uterine artery embolizations for PPH , AVM embolizations.
- University Rank holder in Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in MD Radiology.
- Among the Top Rankers for Pre-medical entrance examination.
- Speaker at CIRCON (Karnataka state Intervention Radiology meet ) 2023.
- Workshop Faculty in Indian Society of Vascular and Intervention Radiology meet 2023.
- Presented in multiple Radiology and Intervention Radiology conference.
- Indian Society of Vascular and intervention Radiology.
- Indian Society of Radiology and Imaging.
- Karnataka Medical Council.
- Diagnostic efficacy of puffed cheek CT compared to conventional CECT in the imaging of lesions of oral cavity(International journal of recent scientific research Vol. 8, issue, 2, pp. 15579-15582, February, 2017).
- Role of MRI in evaluation of cerebral venous thrombosis with clinical correlation- a prospective study International journal of recent scientific research Vol. 8, issue, 1, pp. 15352-15356, January, 2017).
- Role of MRCP and helical CT in diagnosing causes of obstructive jaundice-(international journal of recent scientific research vol. 8, issue, 2, pp. 15624-15630, February, 2017).
- Central venous obstruction in Dialysis patients – Endovascular management, Clinical journal of Manipal hospitals (Volume 3, MCJ 06-22).
Presentations at Conferences
- Presented paper titled “Comparison between Drug Eluting Beads-TACE (DEB-TACE) and conventional TACE (cTACE) with regard to treatment response for hepatocellular carcinoma – A single centre comparative study in National Intervention Radiology conference – ISVIR 2022 GOA.
- Presented paper titled “Role of Colour Doppler ultrasonography in evaluation of portal venous hypertension” in Indian Radiological and Imaging Association’s national conference - 2017.
- Presented paper titled “Role of in phase /opposed phase imaging in the evaluation of Bone marrow lesions” in Indian Radiological and Imaging Association’s national conference - 2017.
- Presented proffered paper titled “Role of Diffusion weighted imaging in differentiating benign from malignant hepatic lesions” in Indian Radiological and Imaging Association’s national conference - 2017.
- Presented award paper titled “Evaluation of factors suggesting severity of interstitial lung disease with clinical co relation” in Karnataka State Radiology Conference - 2018.
- Presented paper titled “Recent trend in the distribution of spectrum of interstitial lung diseases with clinical and radiological co relation – A prospective study” in Karnataka State Radiology Conference - 2018
- Presented paper titled “Co-relation of Foetal pyelectasis with post-natal follow up ultrasound”– A prospective study in Karnataka State Radiology Conference - 2018.
- Presented E poster titled - Pancreatic pseudocysts and its extensions in Karnataka state Radiology conference - 2016.
- Presented E poster titled “Recent trend in the distribution of spectrum of interstitial lung diseases with clinical and radiological co relation – A prospective study “in Karnataka State Radiology Conference - 2018.