Dr. Narendra BS
Lead Consultant – Endocrinology & Diabetology
With over 11 years of extensive experience in the field of Endocrinology, Dr. Narendra BS an Lead Consultant- Endocrinology, at Aster Whitefield Hospital, completed his MBBS degree from MS Ramaiah Medical College in 2000, followed by an MD in Internal Medicine from Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences (RGUHS) in 2007. In 2015, he completed his DM in Endocrinology from MS Ramaiah Medical College (RGUHS). Additionally, he pursued a fellowship in Diabetes & Endocrinology in 2008 at Manipal Hospital (MAHE). Furthermore, he has completed training in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, and International Trauma Life Support. He is also an experienced medical educator with a passion for teaching, mentoring juniors, and promoting problem-based learning in medical colleges.
- Comprehensive management of Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
- Gestational Diabetes mellitus (Pregnancy Diabetes)
- Continuous Glucose management (CGM)
- Insulin Pump management
- Thyroid disorders – Hypothyroid, Hyperthyroid, Thyroid nodules, Thyroid screening & malignancies
- Obesity management
- Polycystic Ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Prolactin disorders
- Pituitary Gland disorders – pituitary adenomas/tumors – medical management
- Adrenal Gland disorders
- Growth & Puberty disorders
- Male & Female infertility disorders
- Osteoporosis management
- Endocrinology management post liver, Kidney and Pancreas transplant
- Karnataka Medical Council (KMC), ADA, AACE, Endocrine Society of India (ESI), Indian Thyroid Society (ITS), ISBMR, Karnataka Endocrine Society (KES)
Co-investigator in Multicenter Trial
- A phase II 12-week randomized, double-blind, parallel group, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of GRC 8200 a new oral DPP IV inhibitor, in patients with Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
- A randomized, double-blind, active-controlled, multicentre study to compare the effect of 24 weeks of treatment with a fixed-dose combination therapy of Vildagliptin / Metformin to individual mono-therapies in drug naïve patients with Type 2 Diabetes mellitus.
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group efficacy and safety study of BI 1356 (5mg administered orally once daily) over 24 weeks in type 2 diabetic patients with insufficient glycemic control despite metformin therapy.
- A longitudinal nationwide study on management and real-world outcomes of Diabetes in India. (Principal Investigator)
- Co-investigator in Clinical Trials – ICON study, ORIGN –study, Glargine Vs Premix analogues, Levemir Vs Glargine
- NARENDRA BS, Sehgal M, Menaka R, Bhattacharyya A. Block and Replacement for Graves’s disease: How good are we now? Karnataka Jn Med Sc 2008;7(1):24.
- NARENDRA BS, Sehgal M, Menaka R, Bhattacharyya A. Patient satisfaction for different therapies for Graves’ disease. Karnataka Jn Med Sc 2008;7(1):2-25.
- Acromegaloidism Associated with Pituitary Incidentaloma. BS NARENDRA, M Dharmalingam, P Kalra. JAPI, Vol 63, June 2015.
- Pituitary adenomas – A clinical profile in a tertiary care hospital. NARENDRA BS, Mala Dharmalingam, Pramila Kalra, Suryanarayana KM, MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru (IJEM), 2015.
- Association of Thyrotropin Receptor Antibodies in Hyperthyroidism. NARENDRA BS, Mala Dharmalingam, Pramila Kalra, Suryanarayana KM, MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru (IJEM), 2016.
- Serum Adiponectin Level in Gestational Diabetes. Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism. NARENDRA BS, Mala Dharmalingam, Pramila Kalra, Suryanarayana KM, MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru (IJEM), 2017.
- Comprehensive Maturity on set of Diabetes of the Young (MODY) Gene Screening in Pregnant Women with Diabetes in India, (IJEM), 2019
- · My plate model of dietary intervention results in better outcomes for PwD in South Indian Population. OneCare Health Bangalore 2, Narendra BS et al. 2021
- Does adherence to a virtual lifestyle care program drive weight loss in people with Diabetes Mellitus? (A retrospective real world 7 pilot study of OneCare Impact Programme. (Narendra BS et.al 2021) Efficacy of digital Diabetes Self-Management Education program: A quasi-experimental study. Zareen F Mrunal P • Mahesh DM Narendra BS • Basavaraj GS, 2021
- A real-world feasibility study evaluating the improvements in Glycemic Variability and metabolic parameters in people with Diabetes Mellitus driven by a remotely monitored personalized lifestyle program. Basavaraj GS; Zareen Fatema; Deepa Kamath; Narendra BS, 2021
- Better metabolic outcomes in People with Diabetes Mellitus on a personalized lifestyle care program. Sharath Honnatti; Zareen Fatema ; Mrunal Paradeshi ; Narendra BS ; Basavaraj GS; 2022
Oral Presentation in Scientific Meeting/Conference
- Best Award Paper in KAPICON 2008 NARENDRA BS. Block and Replacement for Graves’s Disease: How good are we now?
- Best Poster in KAPICON 2008 NARENDRA BS, Sehgal M, Menaka R, Bhattacharyya A. Patient satisfaction for different therapies for Graves’ disease
- Pituitary adenomas – A clinical profile in a tertiary care hospital. NARENDRA BS, Mala Dharmalingam, Pramila Kalra, Suryanarayana KM. KNACON – 2015
- Other Poster Presentations
- Thyroid-associated Orbitopathy in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. NARENDRA BS, Pramila Kalra, Mala Dharmalingam. ITSCON – 2013
- Acromegaloidism with Pituitary Microadenoma. NARENDRA BS, Mala Dharmalingam, Pramila Kalra. South Asian Federation of Endocrine Societies, Aug 2013
- Pituitary adenomas – A clinical profile in a tertiary care hospital. NARENDRA BS, Mala Dharmalingam, Pramila Kalra, Suryanarayana KM. ESICON – 2014
- Poster Presentation at Conferences like the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), American Diabetes Association (ADA), and European Association for Study of Diabetes (EASD)