Dr. Santhosh N U
Dr. Santhosh N U, with over 8 years of experience, is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Endovascular Neurosurgeon at Aster CMI Hospital. He has conducted complex brain and spine surgeries and has a special interest in Endovascular Neurosurgery. He secured a fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgery from Zurich, Switzerland, under Prof Valavanis.
Dr. Santhosh has treated various cerebro-vascular diseases with minimally invasive Endovascular procedures. He has vast experience in various Neuroendovascular/Neurointerventional procedures like mechanical thrombectomy in acute stroke, aneurysm coiling, AVM embolization, tumour embolization, carotico cavernous fistula and Pial AV fistula embolization, carotid angioplasty and stenting. He has effectively managed various spinal vascular malformations.
After completing his MCH in Neurosurgery as a University topper from KEM Hospital Mumbai, he worked in the same institution as Assistant Professor along with Prof. Atul Goel. Later, he worked as a Consultant Neurosurgeon at a private hospital in Bangalore, after which he commenced work at Aster CMI Hospital. Dr. Santhosh is one of the few neurosurgeons in India with vast experience in endovascular neurosurgery.
- Neurosurgery And Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Brain And Spine Surgeries
- Treated Various Cerebrovascular Diseases With Minimally Invasive Endovascular Procedures. He Has A Vast Experience In Various Neuroendovascular/Neurointerventional Procedures Like Mechanical Chrombectomy In Acute Stroke, Aneurysm Coiling, AVM Embolization, Tumour Embolization, Carotico Cavernous Fistula And Pial AV Fistula Embolization, Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Spinal Vascular Malformations
- Paediatric Brain Tumors And Hydrocephalus, Traumatic Brain Injury And Various Spine Disorders.
- University topper in MCH, Neurosurgery from MUHS-Mumbai
- Fellowship in interventional neuroradiology, Zurich
- Fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgery, Zurich
- Society of Neurovascular Interventions – SNVI
- Society of Therapeutic Neuro Interventions - STNI
- Neurological Society of India - NSI
- Bangalore Neurological Society - BNS
- Several publications in leading journals
- Presentations in national and international journals