Well Women Clinic
The Well women clinic at Aster MIMS Calicut provides an excellent opportunity to counsel patients about maintaining a healthy life style and minimizing health risk.
Women at all ages
- Adolescents and teenagers
- Pregnancy and delivery
- Reproductive health issues
- Menopausal health.
Adolescent age group
- Lifestyle modifications: yoga , meditation , exercise
- PCOD and diet control, exercises
- Adolescent sex education
- Menstrual Hygiene
- Work up and management assistance for menstrual concerns or irregular periods
- Awareness campaigns related to PCOD and issues
- Sexually transmitted discuss awareness
- Awareness campaign as substance and drug abuse
- Mental health
- Awareness on common gynec related issues like leukorrhea , genital tract infections ( reproductive tract infections )
- Regular Health check up in case of hereditary , familial cancers ( example : family history of HNPCC , breast CA )
- HPV testing and HPV vaccines.
- Vaccines in adolescent age group - Adult immunization
- Campaign on menstrual disorders and premenstrual symptoms.
- Diabetes and prediabetes screening for high risk woman.
- Diagnosis and management of metabolic syndrome ( screening ).
- Obesity associated risks and diagnosis.
- Specific dietary recommendation for women :-
- Fruits / vegetables - more than 4.5 cups / day
- Fish - 2/week ( 2 serving / week )
- Fibre - 30 gm/d
- Whole granule - 3/d ( 3 servings / day )
- Sugar - less than 5/week ( 5 servings /week)
- Nuts , legumes - more than 4 / week ( 4 servings / week )
- Saturated fat - less than 7% total energy intake .
- Cholesterol - less than 150 mg/dl
- Alcohol - less than 1day ( 1 serving /day )
- Sodium - less than 1500 mg/dl
- Trans fatty acids - none
- Screening for thyroid dysfunction