Dr. Govardhan Reddy
Dr. Govardhan Reddy is the lead consultant Urologist, Uro-oncologist, transplant and robotic surgeon. He is the lead surgeon in Uro-Oncology and renal transplantation at Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore and is presently involved in high end work in urology. Dr. Reddy is well-versed in the use of lasers for prostate and stone problems. He is one of the experts in PCNL (Percutaneous nephrolithotomy), which is percutaneous pinhole surgeries for big stones in the kidneys.
Well versed in robotic urology work, Dr. Reddy is presently conducting robotic transplantation of kidney. He travels outside the state and India to conduct various surgeries in urology including renal transplant surgery. Dr. Reddy is invited as faculty to various urological educational forums in the state and outside and is also involved in treating international patients.
Dr. Reddy has completed his MBBS, MS (General surgery), DNB (urology), MRCS (UK) and FEBU and is a fellow of the European Board of Urology. After completing his graduation and working in India, he travelled to the UK and worked at various hospitals, especially concentrating on Uro-Oncology work.
- Critical care Nephrology, Transplantation, CAPD and Pediatric Nephrology
- Uro-Oncology and renal transplantation
- Percutaneous pinhole surgeries for big stones in the kidneys.
- Laser for stones and prostate(HoLEP)
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Paediatric urology
- Uro Gynaecology (Sling surgeries and Prolapse surgeries)
- Graduated with distinction at undergraduate level
- Best outgoing postgraduate in surgery at KIMS, Hubli
- Best DNB (urology) graduate from Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Honoured as best urologist at national level.
- Karnataka Urology Association
- Bangalore Urology Association
- Indian Medical Association
- European Board of Urology.
- 'Our Experience in Cadaver Transplantation'
- South Zone, Urological Society of India Conference (USICON), July 2002
- 'Our Experience in Paediatric Renal Transplantation’'All India Urological Society of India Conference (USICON), Dec 2004
- A Rare Case of Von Hippel Lindau’s Disease, Published in Apollo Hospital Proceedings, India.