Dr. Vinod V
Director - Spine Services
Dr. Vinod V is a renowned Spine Surgeon in Kerala. He is the Director - Spine Services of the department of Spine Surgery (Orthopaedics) in Aster MIMS Cluster. He completed MBBS from Govt Medical College, Thrissur, MS (Ortho) from Govt Medical College Calicut, D.N.B(Ortho) from National Board of Examinations, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, FNB (Fellow of National Board) in Spine Surgery from Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. He also underwent AO Spine Fellowship from Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham and a visiting fellowship in Spine Surgery from Cleveland Hospital, Florida.
His special area of interest minimally invasive spine surgery and complex spinal deformities. Dr. Vinod V Ranjan worked at esteemed hospitals in Tamil Nadu and Kerala before joining the best Orthopaedic hospital in Calicut - Aster MIMS. Dr. Vinod brings with him a rich experience of 19 years.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Complex Spinal Deformities
- HOD of the Spine Surgery Department were the National Board of Examination is conducting FNB spine surgery, training centre from 2021 onwards. (2-year Fellowship in spine surgery)
- AO spine short term National fellowship in Minimally invasive spine surgery from Bombay Hospital, Mumbai. From 08-11-2021 to 27-11-2021. Under Dr Arvind Kulkarni.
- Completed ACLS course in 2018 September and July 2021.
- AO spine short-term Travelling fellowship of AO spine Asia pacific division for the year 2013, four weeks of fellowship at Queens medical centre (NHS) at Nottingham, UK under Mr. Michael Grevitt from 16th Oct 2014- 14th Nov 2014.
- Gold medal for poster presentation at Kerala orthopaedic association annual conference 2009 for “Kummel disease following cervical Spondyloptosis”
- Gold medal for poster presentation at Kerala orthopaedic association annual conference 2009 for “Three column reconstruction (360*fusion) of spinal column through single posterior approach”.
- Travelling fellowship by Vietnam spine society in December 2008 and attended Vietnam national spine conference 2008.