Dr. Aniruddha Tekkatte Jagannatha
Consultant - Neurosurgery
Dr Anirudh Jagannath is a renowned neurosurgeon working with Aster RV Hospital. He has close to two decades of experience in the field of Neurosurgery and specializes in treating all types of brain and spine surgery and neurological disorders.
A highly acclaimed and experienced neurosurgeon, Dr Anirudh has completed his MBBS from Bangalore Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with honours and also holds a master's degree in Neurosurgery from the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore. Prior to joining Aster RV, Dr Anirudh has worked with several leading hospitals including Vikram Hospital (Manipal Hospital) and M S Ramaiah Medical College & Hospitals.
A seasoned medical professional, Dr Anirudh has also published several journals to share his knowledge and experience with the medical fraternity.
- Pituitary tumors and endoscopic skull base surgery
- Minimally invasive brain surgery
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Trigeminal neuralgia surgery
- Disc prolapse and spine disorders and management
Fellowship and Membership
- Fellowship in neuroendoscopy and skullbase at University of Ghent, Belgium- sep 2014- dec 2014 under Prof Dirk van roost and Prof Jaques Caemaert.
- Observership in Robotically Operated Videoscopic Telescopy in Complex cranial neurosurgery and Endoscopic skullbase surgery , Sep 2016- Aurora St Lukes medical center,Milwaukee, WI, USA under Prof Amin Kassam.
- Observership in Advanced Endoscopic skullbase surgery, Sep 2016- Wexner medical center, Ohio State University,Columbus, Ohio, USA under Prof Daniel Prevadello and Prof Ricardo Carrau.
- Life member, Bangalore Neurological Society
- Associate member, Neurological Society of India
- Life member, Neurological Society of India
- Life member, Indian Medical Association
- 2011 – Best paper award at 2nd Conference of Asian Society for Neuroanesthesia and Critical Care at New Delhi, India.
- 2010 – International Travel grant, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India to attend 8th Asian Congress of Neurological surgeons, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 2004-2005- Dr.(Mrs.) Vijaya Srinivas Gold Medal in Pathology for RGUHS, awarded in the convocation held by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- 2004- Gold medal in Internal Medicine for Bangalore Medical College by the students association and college academic society, BMC, Bangalore
- 2004- Gold medal in Otorhinolaryngology(ENT) for Bangalore Medical College by the students association and college academic society, BMC, Bangalore
- 2004- Gold medal in Pathology for Bangalore Medical College by the students association and college academic society, BMC, Bangalore
- 2002- 6th Rank - Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka in phase 3- MBBS
- 2001- 1st Rank- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka in phase 2- MBBS
- 1999- 3rd Rank - Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka in phase 1- MBBS
- Ponni A, Jagannatha A, Gururajachar J, Harjani R, Koushik K, Subramanian N, Sowmya R, Varma R. Primary cerebello-pontine angle melanoma: a case report. Int J Cancer Ther Oncol 2014; 2(3):020315.
- Jagannatha AT, Srikantha U, Murthy PR, Varma RG, Chakravarthy H, Hegde AS.Unique paradoxical atlantoaxial dislocation with C1-C2 facet diastases and isolated ligamentous injury to the craniovertebral junction without neurological deficits: A case report.
- J Craniovertebr Junction Spine. 2013 Jul;4(2):90-3.
- Dumbbell shaped spinal hydatidosis. Joshi KC, Jagannath AT, Varma RG.Neurol India. 2014 Jan-Feb;62(1):113-4.
- Geetha Lakshiminarasimhaiah, Aniruddha Thekkatte Jagannatha, Kulyadi Raghavendra Pai, Ravi Gopal Varma, Alangar Satyaranjandas Hegde Anaesthetic Management of a Child with Neurofibromatosis Type 2 for Multiple Tumour Decompressions. Journal of Clinical Diagnosis and Research 2013 dec; 7(12):3004-3005
- Aniruddha TJ , Arivazhagan A , Chandramouli BA . Supratentorial extradural hematoma secondary to intracranial hypotension following spinal cerebrospinal fluid release: A case report and review of literature. Neurology Asia 2013; 18(3): 331 – 336
- Aniruddha TJ, Shibu Pillai, B Indira Devi, S Sampath, BA Chandramouli. Role of Citicoline in the management of mild head injury. Indian Journal of Neurotrauma 2009 jun; 6(1):49-52
- Aniruddha TJ, B Indira Devi, Arivazhagan A. Traumatic avulsion of cranial bone flap simulating Craniotomy. Indian Journal of Neurotrauma 2008 may; 5(1):53
- Anirudha T J, Kiran Kanapure, Krishna Chaitanya Joshi et al, “Two children with split cord malformation”. Pediatric Neurology 2015
- Krishna Chaitanya Joshi, Aniruddha T Jaganatha, Kiran Kanapure. “The Vanishing Shunt Valve”. Childs nervous system. 9 June 2015
- An equiosmolar study on early intracranial physiology and long term outcome in severe traumatic brain injury comparing mannitol and hypertonic saline. Aniruddha Tekkatte Jagannatha c, Kamath Sriganesh b, Bhagavatula Indira Devi a, Ganne Sesha Umamaheswara Rao b,⇑ Journal of Clinical Neuroscience xxx (2016) J Clin Neurosci. 2016 May;27:68-73. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2015.08.035. Epub 2016 Feb 28.
- Managing a Rare Malignant Sweat Gland Tumor Invading the Brain: Case Report and Literature Review Aniruddha Tekkatte Jagannatha, Mansoor A. Khan, Shrithi Karanth, Umesh Srikantha, Ravi Varma, Anita Mahadevan. World Neurosurg. (2016) 86:513.e1-513.e7.
- Minimally Invasive atlantoaxial fusion: cadaveric study and report of 5 clinical cases. Umesh Srikantha, M.Ch, Kiran S Khanapure, M.Ch, Aniruddha. T.Jagannatha, M.Ch, Krishna C Joshi, M.Ch, Ravi G. Varma, M.Ch, and Alangar S. Hegde, M.Ch. J Neurosurg Spine. 2016 Jul 15:1-6.
- The Salt Versus Sugar Debate: Urinary Sodium Losses Following Hypertonic Saline Administration Curtails Its Superior Osmolar Effect in Comparison to Mannitol in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Jagannatha AT, Kamath S, Devi I, Rao UG.Neurosurgery. 2016 Aug;63 Suppl 1:212. DOI: 10.1227/01.
- Managing a Rare Malignant Sweat Gland Tumor Invading the Brain: Case Report and Literature Review. Jagannatha AT, Khan MA, Karanth S, Srikantha U, Varma R, Mahadevan A. World Neurosurg. 2016 Feb;86:513.e1-7. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2015.09.042. Epub 2015 Sep 26.
- Stent-Assisted Coiling of Aneurysm in a Persistent Primitive Lateral Vertebrobasilar System. Joshi KC, Thomas A, Jagannatha AT, Garg D. World Neurosurg. 2016 Feb;86:513.e9-14. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2015.09.040. Epub 2015 Sep 25.
- Jagannatha, A.T., Srikantha, U., Khanapure, K., Krishna C Joshi. Et al Childs Nerv Syst ( 2016). Doi: 10. 1007/s00381-016-3307-8
- Clinical and radiological assessment of cerebral hemodynamics after cranioplasty for decompressive craniectomy – A clinical study. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. Perikal J Parichay, Kiran Khanapure, Krishna C Joshi, T.J. Aniruddha, M. Sandhya, A.S. Hegde.
- Guess the Sequelae of Pontine Surgery. Perikal J Parichay1, Kiran Khanapure1, T J Aniruddha1, J V Mahendra2, Krishna C Joshi1, Sunil V Furtado1, A S Hegde1 Journal of Medical Sciences and Health/May-Aug 2017/Volume 3/Issue 2
- Pneumosinus dilatans of the spheno-ethmoidal complex associated with hypovitaminosis D causing bilateral optic canal stenosis. Saritha Aryan, Sumit Thakar, Aniruddha T Jagannatha, Chandrakiran Channegowda, Arun S Rao, Alangar S Hegde. Child's Nervous System. Volume.33. issue 6, pages 1005-1008, 2017
- Giant posterior fossa dural cavernoma in a child. AT Jagannatha, U Srikantha, K Khanapure, KC Joshi… - Child's Nervous System, 2017, Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 691-694.
- Curious case of a medullary lesion following pontine cavernoma resection. Parichay J Perikal, Kiran Khanapure, Aniruddha Jagannath J, V. Mahendra, Krishna C Joshi, Sunil V Furtado, Sathyaranjandas Alangar Hegde. Journal of Medical Sciences and Health/ May – Aug 2017/ Voiume 3 / Issue
- Minimally Invasive augmented fixation for anatomical reduction of Grade 2 and Grade 3 listhesis in patients with osteoporosis. Parichay J Perikal, Umesh Srikantha, Krishna C Joshi, Aniruddha Jagannath J, Kiran Khanapure, Ravi Gopal Varma, Sathyaranjandas Alangar Hegde. Asian Spine Journal 2018;12(5):887-892
- Rare manifestation of common disease with an unique method of minimally invasive spine stabilization: Cervical 2-3 facet lesion. Parichay J Perikal, Umesh Srikantha, Aniruddha T Jagannath, Kiran Khanapure, Ravi Gopal Varma, AS Hegde. Journal of Craniovertebral Junction and Spine 2018; Volume 9/ Issue 3 / July – September 2018, pages 209-11
- Extrapontine myelinolysis and reversible parkinsonism after hyponatremia correction in a case of pituitary adenoma: Hypopituitarism as a predisposition for osmotic demyelination. Parichay J Perikal, Aniruddha Jagannath J, Kiran Khanapure, Sunil V Furtado, Krishna C Joshi, Sathyaranjandas Alangar Hegde. World Neurosurgery 118: 304-310, October 2018
- Clinical and radiological assessment of cerebral hemodynamics after cranioplasty for decompressive craniectomy – A Clinical study. Parichay J Perikal, Kiran Khanapure, Krishna C Joshi Aniruddha Jagannath J, M. Sandhya, Sathyaranjandas Alangar Hegde. J Clin Neurosci. 2017 Aug;42:97-101. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2017.04.005
- Urinary Sodium Loss following Hypertonic Saline Administration Curtails its Superior Osmolar Effect in Comparison to Mannitol in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Secondary nalysis of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Aniruddha Tekkatte Jagannatha1 Kamath Sriganesh2 Bhagavatula Indira Devi3, Ganne Sesha Umamaheswara Rao2. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care 2018;5:164–167 (Original Article )
- Supraorbital craniotomy for large anterior skull base meningiomas: A Technical Note. Kiran Khanapure1,Krishna Chaitanya Joshi1,2, Aniruddha T. Jagannatha1, Parichay J. Perikal1, Syed Aezaz Quryshi1, Umesh Srikantha1,3, Ravi Gopal Verma1,3, Alankar S. Hegde1. Asian Journal of Neurosurgery | Volume 14 | Issue 3 | July-September 2019