Dr. Aravind A
Dr. Aravind Anand is a consultant in Paediatrics and Paediatric Intensive care at Aster Whitefield Hospital with over 10 years of experience in the field of paediatrics. He completed diploma in Child Health (DCH) under RGUHS, Karnataka and later the Diplomate of National Board (DNB) degree in Paediatrics under the National Board of Examinations, Delhi.
He underwent specialist training in Neonatology and obtained Fellowship in Neonatology under the Indian Academy of Paediatrics. He has also successfully completed the Membership of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (UK) examinations.
Having worked in Paediatrics and Neonatology at different hospitals in India, he pursued furthermore specialty training in Paediatric Intensive care and Paediatric Critical care transport in London, UK and worked in world renowned hospitals including King’s College Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and Royal Brompton Hospital, London. He was awarded the MTI (p) Fellowship in Paediatric Intensive care by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (UK). His interests include Paediatric Critical care transport, Paediatric non-invasive ventilation and Paediatric advanced airway training.
- Paediatric Intensive care
- Paediatric Critical care transport
- 3rd Prize poster presentation – Difficult Airway Society Conference 2021, London, UK
- Saxena R., Anand A. & Deep A. Use of terlipressin in critically ill children with liver disease. BMC Nephrol 21, 360 (2020).
- TaSK (Transport of Sick Kids) module- CIAP presidential plan, 2021. Resource Book, co-author.
- Paediatric transport bag.
- Paediatric transport ambulance environment and equipment.
- ESPNIC 2020- PICU staff experiences of redeployment to working with adults during the first covid wave in a london hospital: results of a staff survey. A. Anand, A. Aramburo, H. Sampaio, L. Tous, L. Alcantara. Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London SW3 6NP.
- ESPNIC 2020- Evaluation of extubation practice and risk perception at a paediatric cardiorespiratory intensive care unit. S.S. Chieng, S. Akunuri, A. Anand, M. Grant, A. Narayanan, A. Chan Dominy. Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London SW3 6NP.
- DAS 2021- 3rd Prize paediatric extubation readiness assessment in a cardiorespiratory intensive care unit–“HI-5” approach to pre-tracheal extubation care. A Anand, S Akunuri, SS Chieng, M Grant, A Narayanan, A Chan- Dominy. Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Royal Brompton Hospital, London U.K.
- General Medical Council UK
- Karnataka Medical Council (KMC)
- Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP)
- Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- Paediatric Critical care society (UK)
- European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC)