Dr. Topoti Mukherjee
Dr. Topoti Mukherjee is a senior consultant in nephrology and renal transplantation with an experience of 17 years post nephrology degree. She has completed her training at KEM hospital Mumbai (MBBS), Nair Hospital, Mumbai (MD medicine) and Hinduja Hospital Mumbai (DNB nephrology), following which she has done a fellowship in kidney transplantation from the University of Alberta hospital, Edmonton, Canada. She was awarded the Gold Medal for the DNB nephrology degree.
- Renal Transplantation
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Glomerular Disease
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Preventive Nephrology.
- Gold Medal for DNB Nephrology 2006.
- Burjis N. Khurshedji Award for the 1st best paper presentation: Assessment of Quality of Life after Kidney Transplantation: Indian Society of Nephrology, West Zone Chapter, Nagpur.
- 2nd prize for best poster presentation: Assessment of Quality of Life after Kidney Transplantation: Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Jaipur, Sept-Oct2005.
- 2nd prize for best oral paper presentation: Anti-erythropoietin antibody levels in ESRD patients on maintenance hemodialysis - a cross-sectional study: 35th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology, Nov 2004, Varanasi, India (Co-author).
- Burjis N. Khurshedji Award for the 1st best paper presentation: Evaluation on EBV serological markers in kidney transplant patients: Indian Society of Nephrology, West Zone Chapter, Pune. (co-author).
- Awarded the prize for best thesis in MD (Medicine),
Publications and Presentations
- Mukherjee T, Shah BV. Sirolimus a new immunosuppressant. Journal of Association of Physicians of India. October 2005. Update article.
- Mukherjee T, Sirsat R. A young female with Quadriparesis. Journal of Association of Physicians of India, May 2006, case report
- Mukherjee T, Sirsat R. Use of Alendronate in kidney transplant recipients.
- Mukherjee T, Sirsat R. An uncommon presentation of urinary tract infection. (Case report)
- Mukherjee T, Kothari J. An unusual case of Hypercalcemia with a multifactorial Etiology. (Case report)
- Mukherjee T, Kothari J. Pathophysiology and medical management of renal calculi
- Mukherjee T et al. A comparison of practice pattern and outcome of twice-weekly and thrice-weekly hemodialysis patients. Indian Journal of Nephrology. 2017, Vol 27(3), 185-189
- Badrinath Vellaboina, Ravishankar Bonu, Topoti Mukherjee, Rohan Augustine. Antibody-mediated Pure Red Cell Aplasia after treatment with Darbepoetin-Alpha Postrenal Transplantation. Indian Journal of Transplantation. 2019, Issue 3, 231-233
- Mukherjee, Topoti. (2016). The Heart and the Kidneys: a Close Link. Journal of Nephrology & Therapeutics. 6. 10.4172/2161-0959.1000255.
- Ajith Kumar AK, Mukherjee T. Switch over from or Termination of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy. Chapter 14. ISCCM Manual of RRT and ECMO in ICU. A reference book for practising intensivists. ISBN:978-93-89587-99-9
- Mukherjee T et al. Hypermanganesemia in patients with Hyperintensity in basal ganglia with ongoing maintenance hemodialysis. Letters to the Editor. Indian Journal of Nephrology.
- Mukherjee T et al. The spectrum of Covid 19 infections in Renal transplantation. Indian Journal of Transplantation (accepted for publication).
- Faculty, ISNSCCON2023, Coimbatore. Management of Hyperkalemia in patients on RAAS inhibitors and other drugs.
- Faculty, IAPEN 2014, Bangalore. Nutrition post renal transplantation.
- Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation.
- Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India.
- Association of Physicians of India.